From a 20mph roll.........

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
I was reading MMFF when they said that "The Fridge" was making 362rwhp and if he stomped it from a 20 mph roll he would break the tires loose. Does this mean I'm not making 362 rwhp?
I don't know about you guys but I can barely break them loose from a 10mph roll.
Any idea what gives? let me know guys.

By the way the Line Mod is Fu%$#@ Awsome!

white lightning 01

Established Member
I think most people judge the power of their car by how well they can burn out or what speed they can squeel the tires at. Squeeling the tires isn't good if they are spinning your arn't going forward obviously. You may be making 375rwhp but your car gets SOOO much more traction than a 99 or 2000 that its going to be a lot harder for u to spin them at any speed. Horse power isn't going to make you spin your tires from a slow speed torque is and you probably have as much as their truck or more. Its all a traction issue.....You have it and they don't!

1badtk

Established Member
DO YOUR HOMEWORK

Any Lightning that can't break the tires (F1's) loose on a ashfault road surface from a 20 mph roll either isn't broke in yet, or is under powered. There are at least 40 in our club that have chip n filters that are very capable of doing so. (99, 00, or 01's) With just a little more mods you should be able to blow the F1's up in smoke. I am speaking of a Lightning without some fancy fiberglass bed cover, heavy sprayin liner, or bed full of tools. Just as it came from FORD and broke in and even more so on a 01 with the 3:73 gear setup or any 99, 00 with 3:73's or 4:10's.
:idea:
For you new owners. I posted back in 99 about pulling spark plugs and checking gaps. Many a truck have come from the factory with improper plug gaps. Notice the tag on your radiator cross bar that says .042 - .046 plug gaps. When pulling plugs and checking gaps in the past we have found anything from .025 - .050 on the factory install plugs. Do your self a big favor and learn how to pull the plugs along with making sure the settings are right. This is a power robber if the plug gaps are to small. It will make a considerable amount of difference in the way your truck runs and you will feel the difference if they were wrong. YES! I know its a pain, but well worth the experence and time to check that all is right in the firing department. It will effect the way any mod you install performs. DO THE HOMEWORK! It will make you a much happier Lightning owner in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread