From 3" upper on 93 to 2.8" on E85 gains?

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Just wondering what kind of power I could expect from doing this? Reason I ask is I plan on buying a return style fuel system before spring and thought about doing a 4lb lower and keeping the 3" upper but I'm thinking it may not be worth it and the other thing I'm wondering is about the clutch. It's rated for 530 torque and I'm already over that but wondering if I switch to E85 fuel and add a 2.8" upper pulley will my power levels go way up enough to need a new clutch asap too? I'm sure you can run a bunch more timing with E so what's the expected gain here? Don't know if my signature shows up on the mobile app so FYI it's a VMP gen 2 blower

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

IllCobra

Established Member
Just wondering what kind of power I could expect from doing this? Reason I ask is I plan on buying a return style fuel system before spring and thought about doing a 4lb lower and keeping the 3" upper but I'm thinking it may not be worth it and the other thing I'm wondering is about the clutch. It's rated for 530 torque and I'm already over that but wondering if I switch to E85 fuel and add a 2.8" upper pulley will my power levels go way up enough to need a new clutch asap too? I'm sure you can run a bunch more timing with E so what's the expected gain here? Don't know if my signature shows up on the mobile app so FYI it's a VMP gen 2 blower

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
According to lethal's website on the Spec 2+ clutch, they can handle torque in the mid 600's. You should be good.

Users who are viewing this thread