FROM 3.73's to 4.10's

projekZERO

Werd
Established Member
Well i had 3.73's installed in my cobra, only had them for a short time due to reasons beyond my control. Car felt awsome, i wasnt expecting to feel a difference really. i was wrong it was a huge difference. car never pulled so hard, and drivablity was unchanged.

anyway had to have them replaced again so i decided to go with 4.10's because of the difference the 3.73s made and the fact im moving to a much higher atlitude i thought they would be a better choice.....wrong!

first off i lost 1lb of boost in first and second, im guessing due to less engine laod, and the car doesnt feel like it pulls near as hard as with 3.73's i have no track times or anything im just going off my but dyno. i do have no traction in 1st gear now tho, not even that skipping still moving kinda spin, it just sits and spins. but i can sometimes get tracion in second and it just doesnt feel like it pulls near as hard as the 3.73's did.

lastly driveability sux!, way to much shifting and at 68mph im at 2,250 rpm on the hwy which isnt to bad...but if u got stingers like me, it sux, i dont even like drivin the car on the hwy anymore.

im just tellin u from my personal experience and maybe other have had different, this car just doesnt like 4.10's...maybe 3.90's are the sweat spot, but if i had the money right now id be going back to 3.73's

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
That sucks... Just drive around on slicks you should be fine....

Users who are viewing this thread