Friend's 04 Cobra vs 03/04 Cobra

mariosvt

Bazinga
Established Member
So my buddy picked me up yesterday in his Cobra and we went to check out the U.S. Open in Huntington Beach.

Mod on his car: Whipple 2.9 with supporting mods. Made 650 rwhp.

We were crusing on the 2nd slow lane when I hear a unique sound coming up on my side. I knew it had to be a Cobra. (Those with experience know what a Cobra sounds like and I don't know if it is just me but when I see or hear a badass Cobra rolling up, I tend to get excited.lol.)

He passed by us really slow and damn was it clean. It was a DSG Coupe with what looked like CCW's, fat tires (335's?), chrome Cobra letters, and a perfect stance. It sounded like he had an O/R X and he had 3" catback. So my buddy does a little 3rd gear pull to pull up beside him and we were going about 45ish and my buddys drops to 2nd. Soon after the other Cobra drops to second as well and we knew it was game on :pepper:. I signaled to him "3 honks". 1, 2, 3 and we are off. Words of advice: Never try pulling out your phone 1 second before a Whipple Cobra is about to race (whiplash) :bash:. None of us were spinning and the DSG Cobra jumps out about 1/2 a car. We shift into 3rd about the same time and the DSG Cobra starts pulling lenghts on us. My buddy lets off the gas at about 120mph and we both look at each other and start laughing. We couldn't believe that he got walked like that. The other Cobra merged onto the next freeway far into the distance. We had already passed our exit and were running late so we decided not to follow.

Does anyone know who's it was?

Who's ever Cobra that was, my props to you :bowdown:. One of the nicest and fastest Cobras I've seen. I'm pretty sure you had to be running a 3.4 or 4.0 Whipple or something crazy.

They should replace "Monster" in the dictionary with a picture of your Cobra :rockon:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Wow! Nice death! Who would've thought? 650WHP is fast enought to beat on almost anything and its above the avg WHP from Cobra's (I see most pushing 550-ish whp).
Props to the other Cobra!

derockgt

Established Member
nice death, every time i see another terminator i usually assume its around 600ish whp, im usaully the the pullied cobra that gets in way over his head. crazy he walked that hard.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Video would have been sweet...even a crappy cell phone one...

hope the DSG Cobra owner will chime in with mods

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I cant think of anyone with a DSG termi but I wouldnt be surprised if we've met him Mario lol. Nice death

whipplecharged0

Established Member
So my buddy picked me up yesterday in his Cobra and we went to check out the U.S. Open in Huntington Beach.

Mod on his car: Whipple 2.9 with supporting mods. Made 650 rwhp.

We were crusing on the 2nd slow lane when I hear a unique sound coming up on my side. I knew it had to be a Cobra. (Those with experience know what a Cobra sounds like and I don't know if it is just me but when I see or hear a badass Cobra rolling up, I tend to get excited.lol.)

He passed by us really slow and damn was it clean. It was a DSG Coupe with what looked like CCW's, fat tires (335's?), chrome Cobra letters, and a perfect stance. It sounded like he had an O/R X and he had 3" catback. So my buddy does a little 3rd gear pull to pull up beside him and we were going about 45ish and my buddys drops to 2nd. Soon after the other Cobra drops to second as well and we knew it was game on :pepper:. I signaled to him "3 honks". 1, 2, 3 and we are off. Words of advice: Never try pulling out your phone 1 second before a Whipple Cobra is about to race (whiplash) :bash:. None of us were spinning and the DSG Cobra jumps out about 1/2 a car. We shift into 3rd about the same time and the DSG Cobra starts pulling lenghts on us. My buddy lets off the gas at about 120mph and we both look at each other and start laughing. We couldn't believe that he got walked like that. The other Cobra merged onto the next freeway far into the distance. We had already passed our exit and were running late so we decided not to follow.

Does anyone know who's it was?

Who's ever Cobra that was, my props to you :bowdown:. One of the nicest and fastest Cobras I've seen. I'm pretty sure you had to be running a 3.4 or 4.0 Whipple or something crazy.

They should replace "Monster" in the dictionary with a picture of your Cobra :rockon:

a guy here local to me had a cobra just like what you are describing this time last year. he sold it but do not have a clue who he sold it to or where they lived. but the car had a 5.1 stroker and i believe a 3.4 whipple making around 750hp

Users who are viewing this thread