friend needs evo advice :)

4a7191a

Established Member
How much do u think A built head is worth ? full ported intake and exhaust full radius valve job 1mm over on intake and exhaust. This is for a 2007 Evo.

Also my friend is looking to pick up a so called unused forced performance red turbo. Was wondering what she should ballpark the prices for those parts. I'm not a member on any import sites, but I know some evo guys lurk here. Thanks for any help .:)

Last edited:

mckpat03

Diesel FTW
Established Member
There was no Evo in 2007. Otherwise, I don't know how much a "built" head is worth, or just a ported head, as it sounds. Depends on where/who it's coming from I suppose. An FP Red is 2500 brand new. They're on sale, or they dropped the price, right now for 2350.

4a7191a

Established Member
Its an early 2008 evo,sorry about that. It was bought in California. She is getting the turbo for 950. Just wondering about the head now. Thanks for the help guys :)

mckpat03

Diesel FTW
Established Member
In the US market. Maybe hes in Japan or something

I know. I was just going off of their location.

If the turbo is in good shape, 950 is a good price.

I was just browsing EvoM and saw listed a FP Red, journal bearing, for 1250 shipped. I also saw a stock Evo X head for 700. There is also a built head with Kelford cams, dual springs, and retainers for 1200.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
"Built head" with that description leaves much to the imagination.

For example
Built4G63 :: 1G DSM 90-92 :: Engine :: Cylinder heads :: Stage I Cylinder Head
slowboy racing has what they call their "stage1" cylinder head. Look at all it comes with, springs/retainers, valves, etc. all must be added on for the total price.

Then you have their Stage3 which is extensively worked over.
Built4G63 :: 1G DSM 90-92 :: Engine :: Cylinder heads :: Stage III Cylinder Head

Heres the Buschar "Stage3" cylinder head:
https://secure.buschurracing.com/ca...id=39&osCsid=04c14e35ecfe28fb5cda811b9823724f

Jackson Auto Machine "Stage 3" cylinder head:
http://www.jacksonautomachine.com/buy_products/stage-3-cylinder-head-package-2/

So if that head comes with everything, springs, retainers, etc. and is used, id say maybe $600-800 pending it was equivalent to a upper $1k head new. If its barebones, and you gotta add in the springs/retianers/etc, maybe $4-600.

Users who are viewing this thread