Friend in need of help!

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
Im posting this for a friend of mine. the car is a 2007 Shelby GT with a Magnasson blower on it. I put a scan tool on it today and guess what, no codes, not one. :shrug:

""I have a problem! This was the first long trip I've had my car on since I moved here a few years ago. I've had it tuned since then and I've had different parts taken off since then as well. I was about 150 miles into my trip when my car just shut off. Ya! I was like WTF HAPPENED!! A little back ground. I was going roughly about 85ish (with the cruise on) when I touched the brakes to slow down a little because of traffic. I started to pick-up a little speed when the traffic cleared when I hit the RES button on the steering wheel to pick back up. When I hit it, the car started to pick up then I heard a POP and it died. I pressed in the clutch and tried crack it but it wouldn't start, I let the clutch out to crack it thinking it would start, and it still wouldn't start. So as I slowed and got over to the right side of the road and got off the side. I was thinking the worst! I stopped on the side of the road, turned the key totally off and then cracked it. It started right up with no problems.. I ran the next 375 miles to P-cola with no problems.

Coming home. 50 miles into the trip I picked up a plastic back under the car and pulled off the next exit to get it out from under the car. I slowed down, down shifted when AGAIN it just shut off. I tried to crank it and it didn't start. I shut it off and cranked, it again and it started right up. I had no problems on the way home"".

Last edited:

rj333

Graduating Sooner or Late
Established Member
That really sucks man. I hope you are able to get it taken care of. There have to be some local Ford techs in your area that may be able to take a shot at it.

99GTtony

Rain city stanger
Established Member
Hmm....Fuel issue? Something maybe causing pump to shut off intermittently. Do a google search for Ford TSB's.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
Hmm....Fuel issue? Something maybe causing pump to shut off intermittently. Do a google search for Ford TSB's.

I did and there wasnt anything. I thought it might be a TB issue considering it only happened when he set the cruise control.

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
I have the same problem with mine! Ford couldn't fix it. I can't figure it out, but it only happens when I use the cruse control. And it seems to happen when I try to speed up using the cruse control button.... I don't know what to tell you. I just don't use the cruse control anymore

Users who are viewing this thread