Freshly Detailed (Still learning the art)

4601S/C

Established Member
Just detailed it on the weekend. Weather was perfect for it (Cool & overcast all day). Not the best for pics though. I'm trying to use up some of my old stuff I use for my DD, but I'm gonna start trying different brands. I just feel like I can get more 'pop' using something else. I'm still a bit of a newbie with this stuff though. I'm thinking about starting out with Meguairs and going from there until I get better at doing this. I seems like lots of people swear by Collonite, and I've seen some Zaino results as well. All I did was dust it off this morning and snapped some pics on the way home from work this afternoon.

Current Arsenal (Hand applied):

• Nu Finish: Polish
  • Meguiars Good Class Premium Wax
img3242yt.jpg

img3253jj.jpg

img3254hc.jpg

img3257r.jpg

img3260nz.jpg

img3261gz.jpg

(Reflection of the asphalt not dust)
img3256u.jpg

img3255j.jpg

Before pictures

Tips & comments appreciated.

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
Glaze works wonders on redfire...along with tons of other cleaners, polishers etc. The list goes on and on lol check out the show n shine section

futureSVT

Established Member
you need a DA or a rotary buffer to remove the light swirls from pic 4. Since your new to the detail world. I would suggest a DA like a porter cable. This with several types of pads is a full proof plan to remove light swirls/scratches without much skill. I personaly love the Pinnacle Souveran, gives a great shine but doesnt last long.

Also making sure you wash and dry the car properly will reduce swirls in the future.

Check out autogeek.net they have tons of how to's

Users who are viewing this thread