Fresh shortblock. Heavy oil in intake and 2 cylinders low comp. what is it?

Jh1895

This all started in June of 19 when I bought the car with a freshly build motor that I had receipts as well as video of the car being dyno tuned at palm beach dyno. Drove the car home from buying it 12 hours from south Florida to central Alabama with no issues at all. Over the next few days I took the car and showed it to a few friends, making some short pulls here and there nothing crazy. On day 5 of owning the car I go to change to oil and hear a tick and notice when I pull the stick that there isn’t any oil on it. I realize that the motor was at operating temp so it shouldn’t have read into the operating range but there should have been something on the stick. Well thinking I was just a dummy and ran it low on oil and wanting my car back I went on with the process of getting it taken out and rebuilt without putting much thought into the root of the problem. Rebuilt it with all good stuff I.e. diamond mod2k pistons, total seal file fit rings, cometic head gaskets , king bearings.... block was already 20 over so I had to go to 30 over. Got it balanced and built and running seemed to run fine (and still does for the most part). On day 3 of most recent build I went to change oil from break in oil to amsoil and noticed what I thought was an oil leak and tracked it down to what I thought was the valve cover gaskets. Upon taking the intake, throttle body, and blower elbow off I noticed more oil in the intake than I thought there should be. I stood the Jlt intake with filter still attached in the corner filter down and proceeded in removing the “leaking valve cover”. After an hour or so I had it off after looking it didn’t seem to have been leaking and at that time I noticed that a fair amount of oil had ran down the intake tube soaking the filter and puddling under it. So out of curiosity I ran a compression test and found that numbers 4 and 7 were considerably lower than they should have been 4 being 110 and 7 being 95. The rest averaged 168. I’ve never attempted a wet test on a mod motor before today so I’m not sure if I actually got the cylinder wet enough but I only saw a 5 to 10 lb increase after wetting the cylinders with some spray lube. I have put about 600 miles on it since it’s been built. I’ve heard of some valve issues with cobra heads but would that explain the oil consumption? Car has jlt catch can on drivers side but nothing on passenger side and the catch can is completely empty...
Side note car still runs and drives fine has a bunch of power the only time I’ve noticed anything funny is the 2 times I’ve made into 4th gear on boost I’ve noticed the car seem to loose power. Could this be because it was sucking so much oil into the intake? I’m trying to figure out what my next steps should be any help is greatly appreciated...

Users who are viewing this thread