Fresh Air by EcoQuest... Home purifiers

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
I'm looking into buying an air cleaner for my house/condo and several people have pointed me in a couple of different directions. I currently reside in the hill country and the wind/allergies play havoc on both my fiance and my allergies during the night. We both vacuum weekly to keep the keep the dust in check.

Anyways, I'm looking for a good bang for your buck setup. A buddy told me EcoQuest makes some great products. Infact it primarily used for commercial use in hospitals, locker rooms, offices,etc.... This product actually ionizes the air as well cleans the particlces/dust as well. Or should I just purchase the cheaper air filter/purifier in hopes that is catches most the dust as it recirculates the back to the unit itself.

EcoCoquest:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Fresh-Air-Ecoquest-/260818016586?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb9f7194a

Typical Home Air cleaner:
Air Purifiers from Holmes

We change our HVAC filters every thirty days and vacuum religiously so I'm looking to find other alternatives to help alleviate our issue.

Again, just curious if anyone has any experience with any of these components?

Last edited:

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
I have this one but I got mine brand new for $90 a few years ago.

HOLMES PRODUCTS HAP756U Hepa/carbon Odor Air Purifier, | eBay

Thanks for the feed back: Have you noticed a decrease in dust throughout the house. I'm assuming the filters need to be replaced and/or can they be be washed out in the sink and re-inserted back into the unit.
Next question is how well does it work on a scale of 1 to 10?

That's the one good thinking about the Ecoquest, they filter can be washed out/dried and reinstalled. So basically there is no need to by another filter for replacement.

Last edited:

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Thanks for the feed back: Have you noticed a decrease in dust throughout the house. I'm assuming the filters need to be replaced and/or can they be be washed out in the sink and re-inserted back into the unit.
Next question is how well does it work on a scale of 1 to 10?

That's the one good thinking about the Ecoquest, they filter can be washed out/dried and reinstalled. So basically there is no need to by another filter for replacement.

I love it. It's night and day. My power went out because of a storm last week and I can't believe how stuffy it got in my apartment. Also, I have it right by my cat's litter box and I don't smell a thing. I keep it on level 1 because at level 4 the thing is like a damn jet engine. I have a mini version on my desk at work and I swear to Dale, I haven't had a cold in over 2 years.

Last edited:

FastRedPonyCar