Fresh 347 short block

waltd20012002

Established Member
I have a fresh 347 short block for sale. the rotating assembly has around 700 miles on it. I swapped the rotating assembly from a 1970 early casting block to a late casting block because i couldn't get the rear seal to stop seeping.

the rotating assembly consists of a DSS cast crank, H-beam rods, & flat top X series pistons. pistons have TW specific valve reliefs.

The block was bought directly from fordstrokers.com & cost just over $600 completely machined

also included is a Jay Allen custom hyd. roller cam & retrofit hyd. lifters- brand new, never fired

Milodon 7qt deep sump oil pan

melling HV oil pump

DSS main girdle w/ windage tray ARP main studs

New moly file fit rings were installed when the rotating assembly was swapped to the new block.

I'm only selling because I am building a dart based stroker and have no need for this. it is currently at the machine shop being checked & swapped over. I did replace 3 pistons as well; the ring landings were pinched. I have no idea why. My builder thought i had been spraying but that was not the case. It may of just went lean on top end is all i can figure. I don't have pics at the moment. I am also overseas until march 5th so this should give any potential bhuyers a little time to save up for the purchase.
I also have a few other things that i will be listing. I'll start the asking price out at around $3,500 obo.
please email me at [email protected] with serious inquiries.
thanks

Last edited:

waltd20012002

Established Member
1238191919.jpg

its flat tops and the compression will depend on the cc of your combustion chambers. with my heads its around 10:1. its a stock block so its a crap shoot on a rating but i believe the rotating assembly should be good for 600-700. its very well balanced and girdled up so i'd trust it to atleast 500. it made 390 to the wheels & i was gonna put a 150 shot of spray on top of that but never did. i just freshened it up & put it in a late model block

Users who are viewing this thread