Freeze warning- please read

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Unless you want to be able to do this,

DUCKY.gif

94cobramike

Established Member
SON OF A..... this just happened to me :fm:

I bought my car from a guy in AZ... when i parked the car on OCT 1 i checked the intercooler resevoir and it had pink (what looked like antifreeze/same stuff as was in the rediator resevoir) liquid in it... it looked like antifreeze, smelled like antifreeze... but apparantly it was NOT antifreeze :nonono:

went to start my car yesterday, ran ok for a few seconds then sputtered and smoked.. so i shut it off, thinking there might be water in my gas from it sitting for about a month without being run. put some heet water remover in the gas today, tried it again... wouldnt start at all... looked under the car and there was water/water wetter/oil dripping out of my exhaust clamps on the passenger side :cuss:

so at this point i am assuming the supercharger is at least cracked.... how do i know if the intercooler or any other parts are no longer good?

SOB....

Thanks

oldlugs

Established Member
...some antifreeze should be added no matter what just for it's lubrication properties..

..and, very important in aluminum cooling systems, for the anti-corrosion properties. Antifreeze is actually a good cooling system cleaner, while relatively fresh. A hobby of mine was playing with R/C nitro-powered boats. When rebuilding those engines, the best way to have the aluminum cases looking like new again, is to put 'em in an old electric crock pot, and cook the heck out of 'em in antifreeze. Works better than an ultra-sonic, and better than parts dip. :)

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
SON OF A..... this just happened to me :fm:

I bought my car from a guy in AZ... when i parked the car on OCT 1 i checked the intercooler resevoir and it had pink (what looked like antifreeze/same stuff as was in the rediator resevoir) liquid in it... it looked like antifreeze, smelled like antifreeze... but apparantly it was NOT antifreeze :nonono:

went to start my car yesterday, ran ok for a few seconds then sputtered and smoked.. so i shut it off, thinking there might be water in my gas from it sitting for about a month without being run. put some heet water remover in the gas today, tried it again... wouldnt start at all... looked under the car and there was water/water wetter/oil dripping out of my exhaust clamps on the passenger side :cuss:

so at this point i am assuming the supercharger is at least cracked.... how do i know if the intercooler or any other parts are no longer good?

SOB....

Thanks

Get it torn down asap so it dries out!

DO NOT crank the engine over any more!! If any water leaked down past the rings you'll suck it through the oiling sytem and that could be a real mess.

Odds are it's just a cracked intercooler, they can be replaced and sometimes repaired.

If you barely ran it odds are the engine is still okay but drain the I/C system right away, get the intake cleaned out, pull the plugs, drain your oil.

If there's water in the pan it should be at the bottom of the pan and it'll drain out before the oil.

Be sure the oil is still oil and not mixed with water, should be pretty obvious.

Let me know if I can help with anything at all.

94cobramike

Established Member
Thanks I actually have another thread in here with pictures..

It was cracked. Got it welded and pressure tested... good to go...
Now hoping rods and block are ok.... tried turning it over a few fifteenth times before I realized what the problem was...

94cobramike

Established Member
Thanks I actually have another thread in here with pictures..

It was cracked. Got it welded and pressure tested... good to go...
Now hoping rods and block are ok.... tried turning it over a few fifteenth times before I realized what the problem was...

Users who are viewing this thread