Free trick

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
There are a lot of products that will work, but trying something in particular with no knowledge of the outcome would reallly be a crap shoot. I'd really hate to see an owner have to buy a new light because he tried various products having no track record. jmo

xxxcobra

Factory Freak
Established Member
Dano said:
There are a lot of products that will work, but trying something in particular with no knowledge of the outcome would reallly be a crap shoot. I'd really hate to see an owner have to buy a new light because he tried various products having no track record. jmo

Well I've used the 3M stuff for years so I know it works.... :rolling:

ThrashN

Do What?
Established Member
Dano said:

They already looked like shit, so if it didn't work oh well

svtdriven

Established Member
I was a big fan of meguiars NXT wax until I found out it doesn't keep bird crap from staining the paint.

I've wet sanded headlights before and buffed them. they looked almost new.

ThrashN

Do What?
Established Member
svtdriven said:
I was a big fan of meguiars NXT wax until I found out it doesn't keep bird crap from staining the paint.

I've wet sanded headlights before and buffed them. they looked almost new.

I like the #26 paste wax the best, but I did find the NXT wax in paste form and I'm going to try that next.

What grit sand paper did you use?

ThrashN

Do What?
Established Member
Blk98Cobra said:
Yea thats a nice trick, my trick was to just buy new headlights:D

:lol:
I'm going to buy new headlights when I get the car repainted but this looks much better for the time being

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
xxxcobra said:
3M rubbing compond works wonders on headlights also.
I tried 3M rubbing compound on one of mine before buying the Lensrenew kit and now it's really scratched. The wet sanding that Lensrenew recommends for really bad headlights would not even get it fixed. I personally would not recommend anyone use any kind of rubbing compound.

xxxcobra

Factory Freak
Established Member
Hersheyman said:
I tried 3M rubbing compound on one of mine before buying the Lensrenew kit and now it's really scratched. The wet sanding that Lensrenew recommends for really bad headlights would not even get it fixed. I personally would not recommend anyone use any kind of rubbing compound.

Must not be the same stuff it has never scratched mine after a few years of using it

Users who are viewing this thread