Free mods?

JP'03SVT

Established Member
Any free/cheap mods I can do to my newly aqcuired(sp) Cobra?
I already fixed the hood vents. Also, I bought my car used and the previous owner had a drop in K&N filter, so I got rid of the filter cover and mounted it directly to the end of the cover where it meets the maf. Is there anything else I can do to enhance performance?

ArcaneParadise

Established Member
Yes. Weight reduction. This not only will make ur car faster, but it will do lots of other things better, like braking, and handling. Removing the spare tire and jack is 33lb. Removing the back seat and seat belts is around 50lb (I forgot the exact number but it is between 45-55lb).

SVT4ME

Established Member
If your hitting the 1/4 track the weight will help. Also at the track instead of 32 psi all around go with 35 up front and 25 in the back.

rmgtc01

Established Member
not a whole lot of free mods I know of, but pretty cheap stuff you can do for little bits. And the things you do buy add more bang for you buck like CAI, Pulley, Exhaust, Etc.
But the boost bypass mod will keep your boost level constant.
You can use Water Wetter (1 bottle) and a few gallons of distilled water instead of green coolant. This will keep the heat down very considerably and lower temps give you more power and make your engine run better.
Just a few suggestions. You will notice a great difference with a CAI.

JP'03SVT

Established Member
foofinator said:
how did u connect the airfilter to the end of maf?
the filter has a metal ring around that end and I just used some black sheet metal screws to hold it to the plastic on the end of the maf.

Woodsrat

Established Member
You have now converted from an under fender cold air intake to an under hood hot air intake.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
Woodsrat said:
You have now converted from an under fender cold air intake to an under hood hot air intake.

and the only time your intake is seeing hotter than outside air temps is when your sitting in traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread