Free Flowing Mufflers

cjd223

Established Member
I am in search of a little more horsepower. I currently run cat deletes and stock mufflers. I really don't like loud mufflers and absolutely hate drone. Thought about GT500 mufflers. Just looking for other options.

Rodinator

Established Member
I am in search of a little more horsepower. I currently run cat deletes and stock mufflers. I really don't like loud mufflers and absolutely hate drone. Thought about GT500 mufflers. Just looking for other options.

For a old man like me off road x pipe and GT500 mufflers are perfect. The best sounding car I've ever owned.

vortecd

Established Member
I thought the GT500 mufflers with no cats and resonators was still louder then what I wanted. I have modified stock mufflers and though they are quieter I may go back to the stock mufflers next year.

Not sure there is any horsepower in mufflers since they are so far back. May have to try some straight through mufflers at the track back to back against the stockers

fuelforfire87

Established Member
I second the magnaflow streets. They are a straight through design and are quiet while cruising. While changing mufflers isn't going to give you much HP, going from the factory chambered style muffler to a straight through should give you a little bit more HP, especially in a boosted application.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
I ran the ORX pipe and GT500 mufflers and I thought it had a pretty ugly tone. Switched back to the stock mufflers and it sounded so much smoother.. Now with turbo's, I might have to switch back to the GT500's since it's so quiet.

momogt

Established Member
i went from the heartthrob flowpacks back to stock i like the tone. but now i plan on getting the MBRP pro-series if i can get a good deal on black friday

Last edited:

MagnaFlow

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I say get muffler deletes and go for it!:-D In all seriousness though maybe you would like the Magnaflow Street axlebacks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sBmsr0MkU8

You can get them at Lethal Performance for $560. Just make an account with them to see the price. They are having a sale on Magnaflow.

I second the magnaflow streets. They are a straight through design and are quiet while cruising. While changing mufflers isn't going to give you much HP, going from the factory chambered style muffler to a straight through should give you a little bit more HP, especially in a boosted application.

Thank you for the recommendations, guys! The straight-through muffler design that we use will definitely outflow the stock mufflers, and also retain less heat to last much longer.

Its important to choose your muffler size carefully when you have other prior exhaust mods since you can end up with something much too loud. For a decatted car like the OP's we would recommend our Street axleback #15593. The larger muffler size will help control volume effectively, and clear up the rasp that comes from removing the cats, leaving you with a nice, deep muscle car tone!

Users who are viewing this thread