FRCE_FED 2000 3.8l single turbo build

murph

Boosted 3.8L
Established Member
I have a few posts in the blower section, wheel section about particular questions i had but thought i would start this incase anyone is interested..

she is a built 3.8l mild ported upper and lower/ stock heads/ modified MAC shorty's flipped to go forward/ 62mm china charger rebuilt with garrett wheel and bearings from turbo desiel injection in indy/ running 15psi with a 45mm wastegate/ 60lb injectors/ 8.8 fox rear end with 3.73's/ running a 315/35/17 nitto 555r for the street/ QA1 tubular fron suspension/

walkaround idle + new BBS wheels powdercoated matte black:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcGGng5J-zM"]YouTube - ‪3.8l single turbo mustang walkaround‬‏[/nomedia]

had to get rid of the qa1 lower control arm b/c it was not allowing me to turn so i modified the stock lower control arm and put new urathane bushings in it.
IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

decided to stay returnless fuel sustem, ordered 2 ford GT pumps, a dual FPDM setup from west coast mustangs WestCoastMustangs.com (really happy how the wiring kit came and would recommend to all to check him out)

Tank removed to prepare for the new system

IMG_0627.jpg

Dual FPDM wired:

IMG_0628.jpg

Dual FPDM installed:

IMG_0632.jpg

Stock trunk:

IMG_0626.jpg

Pulled the stock tank 3 times this month so decided to make a little access panel. not professional quality lol cut with a cutoff wheel but does the job !!

IMG_0630.jpg

New Feed Line -8AN Y'd to dual -6 AN into the fuel rail.

IMG_0633.jpg

bleedout

Established Member
Looks like a nice set up and attention to detail man. You should post a video of it. When and where are you getting it dyno tuned? Seems to me that turbo kits are getting much more affordable these days and are great power adders. If i had the extra budget id love to turbo my 2v GT.

murph

Boosted 3.8L
Established Member
thanks man, there is an idle and walkaround vid up top but ill post another one when its running hopefully this week

murph

Boosted 3.8L
Established Member
battery box installed, all electrical connections are all set except the fuel hat which will be here on wednesday.

IMG_0640.jpg

I tested the new secondary fuel pump circuit and it was a tenth of a volt off of the primary circuit. so time to get the fuel hat on and time to test once the car is running.

more to come!

murph

Boosted 3.8L
Established Member
Looks like a nice set up and attention to detail man. You should post a video of it. When and where are you getting it dyno tuned? Seems to me that turbo kits are getting much more affordable these days and are great power adders. If i had the extra budget id love to turbo my 2v GT.

Well funny story, i payed 2 tuners for a dyno tune and one of them blew up the car... i have since purchased the sct prp tuning package and with the help of justin at VMP I have been getting this thing closer and closer to running great. I made the turbo kit as the kits to purchase were out of my price range.

murph

Boosted 3.8L
Established Member
Basket modified for the Fore fuel hat
IMG_0642.jpg

left over parts
IMG_0643.jpg

Fore hat installed on the tank
IMG_0644.jpg

Fore hat installed in the car
IMG_0647.jpg

I double checked the wiring and the pumps before putting everything together and when we 1st started the car it didnt sound right. had a puffing noise comming out of the exhaust sounded like a stock v6 with no cam (very sick) Im going to verify the wiring is correct and see if i can narrow down whats causing this

murph

Boosted 3.8L
Established Member
no updates for a while, my bad..

We did get the car running and can only assume it was the disaster of step-down fittings that caused the issue from the -8AN line to the factory rail.

A buddy of mine got a TIG welder and some stainless steel piping so we decided over the winter to do a complete overhaul of the turbo setup. I am in love with this new setup as I can get to and work on EVERYTHING!

Ill try to keep an order to this but ill copy everything from my build from another site:

murph

Boosted 3.8L
Established Member
car finally got tuned by bob kurgan. we had a clutch issue and the clutch i bought years ago is only rated for 350fpt

The car only put down 410hp and 380fpt we were loosing torque at 4200rpm with the combination of the car blowing off intercooler pipes on every pull we were unable to get a good run. Im buying a new clutch and will be taking the car down to GA so Bob and do a final tune.

all pulls were are showing 20-21psi so we should be able to hit 550rwhp by 6k :beer:

murph

Boosted 3.8L
Established Member
Thanks Bimmer..

LilRoush - its got forged pistons/rods (ill have to dig to find the brand if needed) with a stock 3.8l supercoupe crank

murph

Boosted 3.8L
Established Member
thanks guys, hopefully i will get the clutch replaced, tune checked, and finally get a full pass down a track. its been a really long time!

murph

Boosted 3.8L
Established Member
Came across a boost leak last week and had no idea where it came from. I took the wastegate ref line off and bam staring me in the face! she is fixed and back up to running 100% I still need to buy and install a clutch...

intercoolerpipe.jpg

also got the ass end lowered to match the front. Im still on the fence on lowering more and bringing the from coilovers down?? thoughts?

v6_lowered.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread