fraud ebay auction 93 Cobra seats

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Is is possible this guy acquired them from the person who won them the first time?

Okay, not likely. The fact that it's a private listing is the first sign of something fishy going on. I think Ebay needs to be notified about this.

It's been reported. I sent them both listings and reported it as "picture and description theft".

Last edited:

PJM99

Established Member
I reported it as well and I notified the original seller. Not sure if he cares or not but I sure would. I bid on the original auction they supposedly went to someone in the USA and were installed. The pictures are the same exact ones used in the original auction too.

Floored

Established Member
Wow, thats crazness what the first set sold for. Any idea what a used but not abused set is worth (front/rear w/ belts)? I'll be selling mine soon..

PJM99

Established Member
Floored said:
Wow, thats crazness what the first set sold for. Any idea what a used but not abused set is worth (front/rear w/ belts)? I'll be selling mine soon..

PM me when you are ready to sell........lol

1993CobraAF

Established Member
Two days ago I emailed him through ebay asking if I could come over and take a look at them. Probably to his surprise, I'm stationed here in the UK...Guess what??? He hasn't replied....go figure

~Ray~

Established Member
Ya I had the samething happen after selling one of my superchargers, ebay removed the auction a few hours after emailing them.

Ltd10th03cobra

3.4 Whipple Crusher 22psi
Established Member
You have to watch out for the over sea scammers. Most of those fraud ebay auctions are carbon copies from the original. These scammers just make copies of very old auctions and list them. When I was looking into purchasing a motorcycle, I almost got them confused. This stupid scammer posted the exact same auction right after the other guys ended. The guy actually caught it and reported it to ebay. In order to spot them, they primarily use Western union as a payment, start at to sweet of reserves, or offer free shipping for an obvious expensive item to ship.

SCT93COBRA

Established Member
Hey guys I notified E-Bay about this and also a few people had contacted me about the seats. Its a shame that these scammers are getting away with this. At least the people who were about to buy them had contacted me first. Those pictures are from my auction, and even the description is almost the same! Thats why everyone needs to stick together and try and avoid anyone from getting scammed!

SVT1993

Established Member
I sold my Cobra last week. One of the guys that bid on it (but didn't win) was sent an e-mail telling him that the car was still for sale and would take his bid.

The guy called me (good idea to put your phone # in the auction) and asked if the car was still for sale. I told him no and to call e-bay and report this occurance to them. Nothing I could do because he was the only one that received any offer (thru the e-mail).

E-bay sure has their work cut out for them. Lots of scams going on.

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
We've got a car place here in St. Louis that is full of old and new muscle cars for sale on consignment.........Mustangs, Corvettes, Vipers, even had a 93 Cobra for a while.

Turns out, people were coming in with their cameas and running an auction on Ebay claiming the car was theres. Then when the auction was over, they'd take the $1000 deposit and run. Days later guys would show up to pick up there cars, only to find out they'd been had. The owner said it's happened at least a dozen times.:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread