Frankenstein Brake Kit!!

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Background: Currently running stock 99 Cobra calipers on all four corners. Have Baer crossdrilled and slotted rotors 13" upfront and 11.65 out back.

Looking to upgrade the fronts to 14" rotors....There are a few kits out there...The cheap ones run GT500 heavy-ass stock rotors. FTBR has a 14" kit for New Edge Cobras that gives you great rotors and Brembo new calipers.....The FTBR kit isn't overly expensive at $2500.

I was looking to do it a bit cheaper.

My kit-MUST have 18" rims upfront with all 14" rotor upgrades(to my knowledge)

1. FullyTorqued Racing SN-95 caliper adapter bracket to run 05-09 S197 stock front calipers-$175.00

2. Pair of 05-09 OEM front calipers(2-piston)-Price????-depending on source but should get for < $200.00?

3. FTBR 07-12 GT500 rotors; 12-13 BOSS rotors. This is the expensive part. $775-$995 depending on which rotors you select. THEY ARE NOT THE #23 pound GT500 rotors. They weigh anywhere between #17 and #19 pounds. Nice rotors IMHO

On paper this should work but is a Frankenstein kit from a couple of companies so I am a bit worried.

DOES ANYONE run this or know someone running this set-up? DOES ANYONE see any reason I couldn't run the kit?

I have been spamming Bruce at FTBR with questions and he thinks his rotors should work fine...

LASTLY and MOST importantly....how much of an increase will I see over my current 13" BAER rotors....Thanks..

Users who are viewing this thread