fragola fittings issues

bmorecobra

Off stacks
Established Member
Previously I built my fuel system using all Earl's hose with Fragola series 8000 push fittings. I never had any leaks and everything performed well. In light of me wanting side exhaust I decided to move my return line from my driver side over to my passenger side this past weekend just as a safety precation. Due to the fact I had good luck with the Earl's/Fragola combo previously I ordered the necessary Earl's and Fragola fittings to complete the job.

I went to prime the fuel system today and have 2 leaks. One looks like its the fitting itself coming off the FPR (it looks like it coming from the swivel). The one near the fuel filter is a previously used fitting so I am not sure why it is leaking. The one on the FPR is brand new.

Attached one video and one photo. Anybody have similar experiences?

Also, everything is tightened down more than enough, checked that multiple times.

th_IMG_1122-2_zpso6cyagts.jpg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    951.9 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:

bmorecobra

Off stacks
Established Member
Make sure it isn't coming form the O-ring fitting. They leak more often than the hose ends.

Checked it, that was not it. Its definitely coming from the location between the swivel and the body that goes into the barbed portion of the fitting (this is for the fitting on the FPR). I'm going to call Summit tomorrow and see what they have to say.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
never had a problem with them at all. only leak problems I've had have been with the summit black braided hose and fragola fittings

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
in the video is that fitting not leaking from the little from pin at the swivel? Ive had several Fragola fittings that leak from that point, even sent them back to be tested because they didnt believe me. I havent had any other issues with their stuff thankfully

bmorecobra

Off stacks
Established Member
Encased, same here. Every fitting on the car up until now was fragola and I never had a leak either.

DSG after looking at it much closer you were right. The fitting was leaking from the pin at the swivel. I called summit and they are sending me a Aeroquip fitting to replace it, I just paid the $4 difference in price.

Last edited:

bmorecobra

Off stacks
Established Member
So I spent the entire day moving the lines around due to the difference in length from having to cut the old fittings out. Also, for future reference -10 Aeroquip fittings fit on the Earl's -10 line significantly easier than the -8 Aeroquip fittings fit on the -8 Earl's line. I'm not sure why there is a difference, but it was noticeable.

Anyhow, I replaced the defective -8 Fragola 120* fitting that came off the FPR with the -8 Aeroquip 120* fitting as I mentioned before and it worked out just fine. My theory was I have never used a Fragola 120* fitting before, there for possibly unbeknownst to me this is a common problem with the 120* Fragola -8 fittings; so I tried the Aeroquip instead.

Additionally I ordered two brand new Aeroquip -10 straights to replace the -10 Fragola straights that went onto either end of the magnafuel fuel filter setup I have (these fittings were leaking, as if they did not seal). I primed the fuel system today and one of the new -10 Aeroquip straights was leaking just like before (the fuel was leaking past the barbs at the neck of the hose end). Despite being livid at this point I cut the single hose end off that was leaking AGAIN and attempted to re-attach it this time with a minimal amount of WD-40 on the barbs and a minimal amount of heat to prep the hose. After re-attaching everything I primed the fuel system again and it leaks just like before right past the barbs as if it did not seal.:bash::bash::bash:

I'm all ears at this point. I really have no idea why the hell these things aren't sealing. When I did the entire fuel system previously using the exact same methods I am now I did not have one single leak.

So with that being said, any suggestions? I'm really out of ideas at this point in time, not to mention ready to light the car on fire!

fastferndog

Established Member
Fuel has a way to damage and rot fuel lines. I personally have never re used fuel line for that reason. It's expensive to replace line, but it will save headaches like this in the future. The only reason I bring up the fuel line is because TWO brand new fittings can't be bad, especially being of different brands. The only thing common between the two is the line. Good luck, I hope you can figure it out

elevenfivezero

Established Member
Encased, same here. Every fitting on the car up until now was fragola and I never had a leak either.

DSG after looking at it much closer you were right. The fitting was leaking from the pin at the swivel. I called summit and they are sending me a Aeroquip fitting to replace it, I just paid the $4 difference in price.

Off topic;

Tried to pm you with no reply.

Still have that Trick Performance gauge/controller ?

Users who are viewing this thread