Fragola AN Fittings Are Junk...

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
I recently plumbed my whole fuel system with Fragola 2000 fittings and hose. The -8 stuff wasn't too hard to assemble but the -10 was a nightmare getting the fittings started in the socket. Lots of muscle had to be used. After getting everything nicely routed, cut to fit, plumbed and looking good I prime my fuel system and find at least half of the fittings are leaking at the swivel joints. :fm:

I've already sent back two 90 -10 fittings that were leaking. Now I have fittings on the fuel rail that leak and my return line to the tank. So far dealing with this Fragola shit has been an awful experience. I've spent a ton of time and money on this project and I'm beyond aggravated. I'm gonna raise hell with Summit in the morning and see what they can do for me. I dont want any of this Fragola shit on my car.

There's a lot of different AN fitting and hose companies. What do some of you guys prefer? One friend told me to get Summit to exhange everything for Aeroquip. :read:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I have aero quip and the onl issues I had where lead I. How to install the ends properly.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Always heard and used Aeroquip. Only heard of Frangolas in recent history when Lethal started offering them with their kits. Have they been around a while?

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
My Fragola stuff is not pushlock but at least for you guys with the pushlock you dont have leaks.

Last edited:

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
Aeroquip 100% on my car and customers cars no leaks no issues

+1!! Very easy to work with and out of about 20 or so fittings only one leaked and they replaced it no questions asked and the leak was fixed.
I switched to aeroquip from the PTFE fittings and hoses, talk about a nightmare of a setup to try and assemble!

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
Anyone use the Aeroquip Starlite hose? How does it look in person? I personally want all black hose...

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
I used it on my catch can and I liked it. I used their SS hose though for everything else as it flowed well with the colors in the engine bay.

oldmodman

Established Member
I have been using Earls hose ends for over 40 years. never had a fitting fail in any way.

Gas, methanol, nitromethane, nothing hurt them. And my favorite hose is the triple wall, teflon lined. Not very supple, but it absolutely won't stink by weeping gas through it.

gabe1530

Banned
I started to install my fuel system with fragola and got half way through a couple fittings and switched to areoquip. Wish I went with them from the start.

Swervedriver

Established Member
I've had a LOT of problems with Aeroquip socketless hose. I removed all of it from my car but the return line and replaced it with Russell proclassic.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I've had a LOT of problems with Aeroquip socketless hose. I removed all of it from my car but the return line and replaced it with Russell proclassic.

What issues have you had on the AQP socketless?

I've heard great things about Proclassic as well.

Swervedriver

Established Member
The hose doesn't like going on all the way so you have to heat it and it's not immediately obvious when it's been over heated. Until the jacket starts to split.

I've also had several instances where the hose was not over-heated, but the interference fit between the fitting and the hose was so tight that the hose separated from the jacket and blistered internally, blocking flow. I've had this happen with -6 and -8. I found it would happen more often than not in fact. There were no external indications of this. I didn't realize it was happening until I had a hose end start leaking a little drip. Then that drop quickly turned into a solid stream of fuel. When I cut it apart I saw a blister like imaged below that has pinched and split. The fuel was leaking out of the split into the jacket area where it quickly separated the jacket from the inner liner. That's when I started investigating hose ends and found no way to press them together with any guarantee that they wouldn't blister. So I threw all the hose away and bought a bunch of proclassic.

blisteredhose.jpg

Many years ago I threw together a budget fuel system using parker hose and aeroquip hose ends. As far as I could tell at the time that hose went together much easier.

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Damn. I plumbed my remote oil filter not long ago using the AQP and definitely do not want to see any blockage in those lines. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread