FR500s????

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
Has anyone found these anywhere? I ordered the first week of January and have also stayed in contact with more than one wheel source. They all say the same thing.....2 weeks or its the end of the month or even they will be in the next month. I have even been told they were on the ship from over sea and that was at the first of Febuary. Guess that ship sank!
Ow, i am looking for black with polished lip FR500s deep dish 18x10 and 18x9.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
Latemodel Restoration Supply has them in stock. I just got my 18x10's in chrome from them. www.50Resto.com.Black 18x10 and 18x9 $754.95

Last edited:

RossSVT

Established Member
I can provide some insight. I ordered about the same time. Chrome 18" staggered. OE wheels in Texas is where all aftermarket 500's come from. So no matter where you oredered, they originate from there.

The shipment came in 2 weeks ago. A 20' cargo container. Supposed to have all 18's of all finishes. The container was held up for customs inspection. Then when they opened the container there were no anthrosite and the black's failed DOT. Not enough chrome to go around. I need to wait for the next shipment. 40' container at the end of the month. But some people are getting there wheels. Depends when you ordered and who you ordered from.

N S

Wants to go faster
Established Member
Guy on another Mustang board has some 17" chrome FR500s and 18" chrome FR500s for sale if anyone's interested. He's located in Ca.

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
RedfireSVT said:
Latemodel Restoration Supply has them in stock. I just got my 18x10's in chrome from them. www.50Resto.com.Black 18x10 and 18x9 $754.95

Thanks, i will try them in morning. They cost about 100 bucks more than from wheel replicas, but i am tired of waiting!

RedfireSVT

Established Member
RossSVT said:
Called them. No chrome in stock.
When did you call? I got mine on Monday and I watched them pull the wheels from a pallet full of them. If they are out already I don't know what to say. :shrug:

RossSVT

Established Member
called yesterday around 6 PM they said that they did not have them in stock but would call the supplier and have them drop shipped. But the supplier is the only one in the country and they were out. But I am looking for chrome.

Tango7

Established Member
I am in the same boat as you guys. I ordered mine the 2nd of Feb. I was told they would be in the last of the month.. I called and they told me that the shipment did not have any of the antharcite or black. There were some chrome and silver. The next shipment is supposed to be here in 3 weeks, that is what wheel replica said yesterday.. I hate to wait.. oh well.

RossSVT

Established Member
Tango7 said:
I am in the same boat as you guys. I ordered mine the 2nd of Feb. I was told they would be in the last of the month.. I called and they told me that the shipment did not have any of the antharcite or black. There were some chrome and silver. The next shipment is supposed to be here in 3 weeks, that is what wheel replica said yesterday.. I hate to wait.. oh well.

I know what you mean. I have been waiting since Jan. Called wheel replicas yesterday. They said that the chrome shipment of 18-10's had pitts in the chrome and they sent them back. The new shipment is scheduled to leave China next week, 2 weeks on the sea to Cali and then through customs then by rail to Texas. Looks like the 3rd week of April. :(

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
I gave up on getting them from wheel replicas. I started looking around and found a person over on another board that had exactly what i needed and was also and Atlanta. He delivered them to my tuner, which has my car now. It just worked out well! Best of luck to all of you guys that are on the list! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread