FR500 Steering Wheel

USMC0341

Established Member
Wow what a difference. It feels great. I thought the color would not match since the interior is charcoal and the wheel is black, but you cant tell the difference. It is much thicker than stock. This wheel should have come stock with the car.
Here's a few pics
2004MustangCobraSVT002.jpg

2004MustangCobraSVT001.jpg

2004MustangCobraSVT003.jpg

CbraSvt01

Banned
awesome! Where did you order it from? I bet Steve from Tousley Ford can get it pretty cheap. I like my 10th anniversary wheel but the top and bottom parts are so skinny.

SpectorV

Established Member
I put one on my 2001 mustang and it is a very nice addition, under 200 bucks. they call it the ford racing steering wheel now. A tip for it... do NOT just put leather conditioner on a rag and wipe it... the conditioner will get in every little hole. Buy leather wipes and use those.

My 2001 had dark charcoal interior and the wheel was a touch darker than that... can you get clearer pics of the color contrast?

Matt M PA

Established Member
Looks great...I have been considering one of those for awhile.

Is it really black..or is it more like the charcoal color that the factory wheel and shifter area? Ya know, does the description of the wheel say black...but it's really dark gray?

In the pcitures, it sure seems to match nicely.

USMC0341

Established Member
It is black but its not really noticeable and the install was straight foward and pretty easy.

Users who are viewing this thread