FR500 Steering Wheel Questions...

Warp03Cobra

Community Racers
Established Member
Guys,

Is the FR500 steering wheel smaller in diameter than our school bus wheel?

Does this wheel fit out cars?

What is the part number from Ford? Is it from Ford?

Does anybody have a picture of it, or know where one is?

Thanks in advance..

Evan
:beer:

Smrgol

Here's a pic: FR500 Steering Wheel.

It'll fit our cars fine but I don't believe it's all that much different than the stock '03 steering wheel. I had one on my '99 and I left it on that car so I have the '99 stock steering wheel. I've compared the '99 to the '03 wheel and the '03 is thicker than the '99 and it looks to me to be about the same diameter as the FR500. The only difference that I can see is that the FR500 wheel has the perforated leather on the grips.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
I'd get the 10th anniversay wheel if I switched. Built in grips and the carbo fiber look inserts.

Boy the FR500 was a big disapointment. How many of those aprts are actually sold?

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Not without ditching your airbag. If you are willing to lose the airbag, you can run any steering wheel you want.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
the car was amazing, but it was supposed to bring a whole line of suspension parts and performance parts for the modular engine right? But I haven't seen that much yet.

j card

Established Member
Originally posted by 94SVT Coupe
I'd get the 10th anniversay wheel if I switched. Built in grips and the carbo fiber look inserts.

Boy the FR500 was a big disapointment. How many of those aprts are actually sold?

I'd love to have the FR500 front suspension, but if it hasn't been offered by now, it isn't gonna happen. I'd suspect that most of the attention is focused on hitting the ground running with the next-gen Mustang.

Users who are viewing this thread