FR500 Intake Mainfold

kwiksnake

Established Member
Probably because they don't want to scare anyone with the price. With the price of the bullit intake being so high. I can't imagine the FR500 one being cheap, but hey its only money right?

key

Established Member
Somewhere (it may have been corral.net), I read about that manifold. They were saying that the production version won't have dual mass air meters, it will only have the passenger side inlet tube. Anyone else heard this? Personally, I'd rather have a P&P cobra intake.

GTJim

Established Member
I read on one of the BON threads that the price was supposed to be $2,500 which includes computer items. Still a bit pricey don't you think? :dw:

Last edited:

FriedRice

Established Member
Originally posted by key
Somewhere (it may have been corral.net), I read about that manifold. They were saying that the production version won't have dual mass air meters, it will only have the passenger side inlet tube. Anyone else heard this? Personally, I'd rather have a P&P cobra intake.

So what's the story on this P&P cobra intake? Never heard of it. Where can I see one and how much they running for?

key

Established Member
A couple of people sell them. There's a guy on the Corral "TheGame" that will port you an intake for $150. Everyone that has had him work on their car has been very happy.

SHM also sells a modified '99 Cobra intake. It's the whole intake, and costs $1300.

A couple more people sell them, but I can't think of their names off the top of my head :)

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
2500 for the FRPP intake?--WOW.
Okay so I got the FR500 Exhaust, and gained about 20 HP, which is what they stated, so how much HP/TQ do they claim for this thing?

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
It soudns GREAT... not TOO loud, not too timid :-=)
When you get on it, it really opens up...

Sorry no sound clip, I wish I had a b4 and after, but I don't.

:-/

It amazed me with the 19 HP gains though...

SVT4POP

Established Member
It's my understanding and reading that Lon Hill has done some unique work with P/P'ing the tumble port intake systems for Cobra's, and the article in either MM/FF or 5.0 indicated that they were commercially (???) available for about $799.

I believe Hill is somewhere in New Jersey but I'm not certain. I would really like some additional info as I believe the article said that with his modifications there were in excess of 50 hp gains. IF so, that's not a bad investment for about $800. I just don't know if you have to send your intake manifold in or whether there's a core charge & you can send your old one back or what.

Maybe someone who knows Mr. Hill can get him to enlighten us?

I've also heard that the fix method for the '99 Cobra intake manifolds was an "extude-hone". Anyone know for sure? If so, I guess that takes away an option that I'd been considering, ... or does it?:burnout:

SlvrSnke01

Established Member
SVT4Pop,

The 99' intakes were extrude honed; I believe there are different stages of extruding though.

I would love to see a comparison of a 99 and 01 intake side by side. Does anybody know what was done to the 01's(Different casting?)

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread