FR500 Installed

tmhutch

4v>3v>2v
Established Member
Well, jury will be out until I go to the track in two weeks. Not really sure about the level of improvement. Seems stronger in the higher gears but very little if any. I know the butt-O-meter isn't the best method but I felt more improvement with my Densecharger.

Something odd. This exhaust doesnt seem any louder than my stock catback at high RPM's. It does seem a bit quieter below 3K but even their it's not definitive. I'm wondering if I may have had Fords so called "cheater" mufflers already installed from the factory?

For those with the FR500 was their a dramatic difference in high RPM sound?

Did anyones FR500's have the Ford logo embossed on the mufflers? Mine did not.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Mine does sound very different at high rpms. And also they are quite at low rpm. And the mufflers didn't say FR500 on them. Something that I notice about the system is that they are loud when your not on the gas at all coming down a hill when the back pressure is high. I've asked if anyone has a FR500 cat back system with full length headers and what that sounds like (hopefully good). I have mine and I'll let ya know what they sound like when I get them back from Hot Jet.:beer:

tmhutch

4v>3v>2v
Established Member
I know that some of the mufflers in 99 were not as loud as the 01's. A few people have also posted that their was no difference in sound level on their 01's at high RPM.

Users who are viewing this thread