FR500 Exhaust Install

SlvrSnke01

Established Member
Plan on installing the exhaust system this weekend:

Did anybody have any problems with the install or alignment?

I believe I heard the right side runs close to the IRS dampener.

Did anybody weld the system?

Any feedback or tips would be great.

Thx,

Bill

CbrCpe

Established Member
Here's a couple of pics of the Fr500 catback on my '99. As you can see, I have the '01 damper & had no clearence problems.

catback_rear_x640.jpg

fr500_catback.jpg

CbrCpe

Established Member
I installed the catback a little over a year ago & like it a lot.
It actually sound better than this in person, but here's a file I made...will give you some idea of sound.

SOUND FILE

SlvrSnke01

Established Member
Sonic 03,

The cat-back is awesome, talk about a huge seat-of-the-pants gain in performance. The system is not that loud until you get on it and the trap door opens up. The exhaust is the perfect sleeper exhaust if you don't want to attract attention while cruising.

Where are you in located in Philly? Do you hang-out at all Saturday or Sunday nights?

What dealer did you get yor 03 from?

Bill

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
SlvrSnke01,

I'm getting my '03 from Pacifico Marple Ford in Newtown Square, they are selling at MSRP on the coupes (+3K on the verts). I will be taking delivery supposedly first week in August and I'm seriously looking at the FR500 exhaust for it.

I live in West Chester (work in Malvern) but I'm up in Newtown/Yardley a lot on weekends (my parents live up that way). Drop me a line sometime [email protected].

LSs1Power

Established Member
Originally posted by CbrCpe
I installed the catback a little over a year ago & like it a lot.
It actually sound better than this in person, but here's a file I made...will give you some idea of sound.

SOUND FILE

I always loved the Mustang sound. That thing sounds awesome. Oh yeah how much did u gain from this catback? I mean did u dyno ur car before and after?

SlvrSnke01

Established Member
I have a dyno session planned for the 9th of July.

Stock w/ 1000 miles my 01 produced 277RWHP and 281 ft/lbs of torque. I think this is low since the last two times at the track the car has run high 104's - low 105's trap speed bone stock w/ silencer. However, my car has recently caught the ping so who knows.

Hoping to get somewhere around 290RWHP. I may get an air/fuel reading to figure my ping problem.

LSs1Power

Established Member
Originally posted by SlvrSnke01
I have a dyno session planned for the 9th of July.

Stock w/ 1000 miles my 01 produced 277RWHP and 281 ft/lbs of torque. I think this is low since the last two times at the track the car has run high 104's - low 105's trap speed bone stock w/ silencer. However, my car has recently caught the ping so who knows.

Hoping to get somewhere around 290RWHP. I may get an air/fuel reading to figure my ping problem.

105mph that is very good. For sure u have more than 277RWHP and 281RWTQ. My Cobra Dyno'd at 279RWHP and 284RWTQ After the Recall parts and it ran only a 103 almost 104 max. I think after this Catback ur going to pickup 15RWHP. I remember reading about this Catback in a Magazine i dont recall the name but the 01 Cobra gained 18RWHP and i dont recall how much TQ.

CbrCpe

Established Member
Originally posted by LSs1Power

I always loved the Mustang sound. That thing sounds awesome. Oh yeah how much did u gain from this catback? I mean did u dyno ur car before and after?
Dynoed at 281rwhp/290tq bone stock..sae corrected...did not re-dyno, but a friend picked up ~11rwhp w/his. I'm at 290+, for sure.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Last edited:

donaisenbrey

Established Member
My local dealer can get them.....$725.00:shrug: He claims his cost is over $600.00.and............I think I have a better Idea:

The same dealer has a post fix cat-back for the '99. I like the way mine sounds and I'm sure the PF '99's are more free flowing than the '03 cat-back. On top of that the set he has I can get for $200.00.

BTW: Got to listen to two '03's today. My wifes Mazda sounds better!!!! or should I say, at least her car makes noise.............Don

Users who are viewing this thread