FR3 SVT handling kit

Kewlv8

Established Member
Wheres the cheapest place to buy the FR3 SVT handling kit?
Thanks for any input, Mike

These guys have good prices.

buyfordracing.com

Just had the kit installed last week. Wow, what a nice feel. FR3 is the way to go for a good, integrated package. Enjoy.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
i got mine from summit in 2008 for 1200

Last edited:

harmon rabb

Established Member
These guys have good prices.

buyfordracing.com

Just had the kit installed last week. Wow, what a nice feel. FR3 is the way to go for a good, integrated package. Enjoy.

While I have the FR3, enjoy it, and think it provides for pretty good handling from a heavy, solid axle car, I have read that it's really just a starter package, and a few other aftermarket parts can make another nice difference in handling.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Check with Tousley Ford (SV here) they have awesome pricing on Ford Parts

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Mike R. or Steve @ Tousley.

Cost +10%

(888) 884-7756

If you want something a little beyond the FR3 kit...

Swap to Tokico Dspecs or Koni's.

Use H&R or Steeda swaybars and HD endlinks.

The FRPP rear bar is the same size as stock; front is slightly larger. HR/Steeda both have bigger rear bars and adj. fronts.

For a general all-purpose street friendly car the FR3 package is just fine. But if you're willing to piece it together you can have something a little nicer (I think) by going with different shocks/bars.

FRPP and Steeda springs seem to be 99.99% the same (if not the same).

If you want to lower the rear only, get the Roush springs.

The KR-spec springs are also now available from a few places (Buyfordracing; PPI) if you want them. They're similar in rate to the FRPP FR3/Steeda springs but don't lower the car as far (20mm ft; 15mm rear drop).

Good luck :beer:

ROBSNAKE

Established Member
Im set up with ford springs and d-specs but never did the sway bars.
Whom do u reccomend
Thanks
Rob

Snake40

Established Member
Thanks guys. I've formed opinions from handling mods only 03 terminator but it's good to hear from someone who has experience with the GT500

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
In terms of manufacturer other than ford racing

H&R or Steeda.

Fronts are both about the same size; HR rear is 26mm/1.024"; the Steeda is 1" rear.

The HR and Steeda fronts are both adjustable; the HR appears to have 2-positions; the Steeda has 3.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Mike,

If you have any other questions about putting another package together or pricing, please give me a call.

Thanks,
Derek

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I'm ordering an 11 non pp gt500 tomorrow, finally. While I wait I want to get my initial mods researched and ordered. First is lowering the car. If I get the FR3 package and have that installed is that all that is needed or am I compromising the car somehow. I don't know anything about suspensions but do I need upper/lower control arms somehow so that it's done correctly? And what about the Panhard Bar?

What should I get and who should install it, Ford?

6-Speed

Established Member
I'm not sure the FR3 package for the 2007 to 2010 GT500 would be optimum for the 2011 because of the reduced weight up front ... just something to consider.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I'm not sure the FR3 package for the 2007 to 2010 GT500 would be optimum for the 2011 because of the reduced weight up front ... just something to consider.

Agreed.

I would expect to see a different front spring set *possibly* with '11 having less weight over the nose.

Powerwheels: The FRPP pack isn't a "compromise" unless you're looking for super-open-track handling out of what was meant to be an well-rounded 'street' setup.

Lots of companies have adj. panhard bars and braces and yes, you'll need one if you drop the rear.

Any good DIY'er could bolt the parts on in the backyard in an couple afternoons :beer: otherwise it wouldn't be a problem for any dealer or shop you trusted to do it.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Agreed.

I would expect to see a different front spring set *possibly* with '11 having less weight over the nose.

Powerwheels: The FRPP pack isn't a "compromise" unless you're looking for super-open-track handling out of what was meant to be an well-rounded 'street' setup.

Lots of companies have adj. panhard bars and braces and yes, you'll need one if you drop the rear.

Any good DIY'er could bolt the parts on in the backyard in an couple afternoons :beer: otherwise it wouldn't be a problem for any dealer or shop you trusted to do it.

I want the 1.5" or so drop that the FR3 provides all around. But do I need other hardware, and if so what, ....exactly. this is a street car, actually my daily driver pretty much. What would you get? I want to do it all at once. I'm sure the 11 will handle good, I pretty much just want the drop as the 4x4 factory job doesn't cut it.

Thanks

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I want the 1.5" or so drop that the FR3 provides all around. But do I need other hardware, and if so what, ....exactly. this is a street car, actually my daily driver pretty much. What would you get? I want to do it all at once. I'm sure the 11 will handle good, I pretty much just want the drop as the 4x4 factory job doesn't cut it.

Thanks

You'll want an adjustable panhard bar and brace.

Get front alignment bolts as a "just in case" most cars align fine after the drop for the most part.

If you got an '11; I'd suggest holding your horses just a little bit because FRPP and others *may* release different front springs due to the weight loss/aluminum block.

The FRPP kit is fine for a daily driver; nothing wrong with it at all.

Personally I would go with Tokico Dspecs for the bigger adjustability range.

Users who are viewing this thread