FR oil filter?

BrookhavenTuner

Established Member
I'm assuming it IS a motorcraft with a FR logo?

//Calls FR to find out

ANSWER: thicker can/cover for protection

Last edited:

VNEMUS

Established Member
I was curious about this too and went to FRPP's site (link below) where it gives a description of the FRPP Filter, but I'm not sure if it is making a comparison to the stock Ford Motorcraft Filter on all points. If it is just a thicker can/cover for protection, I'll take my chances spending $4 on a Motorcraft Filter vs. $14 on the FRPP Filter.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=7567

Cobra925

MAXIMAL SVT POSTER
Established Member
Well I use Fram or there equevilent cause i get it for free from my buddy. I don't see the sense in buying a K&N or FR oil filter.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Just a friendly FYI, the base frams come with a paper filter and when condensation gets inside the filter, the paper brakes up and gets into the motor. We have had this happen before and lost a built 351 out of our race car a few years back from this mistake.

You get what you pay for.

Cobra925

MAXIMAL SVT POSTER
Established Member
BrookhavenTuner said:
fram is the only brand that i CONSTANTLY hear getting slammed.
Also that's all I have ever used and my oil comes out clean as a whistle every time, i chage it every 3,000 miles or 3 months. I usually change before 3,000 miles.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Cut a new Fram apart and look for yourself. Do the same with a MB1 or K&N the difference in the filter media and number of pleats aka total surface area of the filter media is amazing. The only thing about Fram that's any good is their slogan "Pay alittle more now or pay alot later" JMHO YMMV

Go ahead spend $4 on an oil filter these shortblocks are cheap to rebuild just like the 5.0s..... :rolling:

Cobra925

MAXIMAL SVT POSTER
Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
Cut a new Fram apart and look for yourself. Do the same with a MB1 or K&N the difference in the filter media and number of pleats aka total surface area of the filter media is amazing. The only thing about Fram that's any good is their slogan "Pay alittle more now or pay alot later" JMHO YMMV

Go ahead spend $4 on an oil filter these shortblocks are cheap to rebuild just like the 5.0s..... :rolling:
I get'em free so that's the main reason I have used them. Maybe I should just fork out the extra cash...LOL

Users who are viewing this thread