FPS Fans

Cobra Was Here

I Miss My Cobra
Established Member
Hey all you gamers that have been into first person shooters for a while, when did you guys get into the genre? My brother and I played the original Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, and Quake. Remember how insane Quake was compared to all the previous FPS games? They were all made by iD software from 92-96. From there we got into console games, like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. Share your favorites!

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Goldeneye was the beginning for me.

Played Wolfenstein on Xbox along with Halo and Halo 2

Got the Xbox 360 for Halo 3 and Halo 3 alone.

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member

Same here, golden eye on the N64 except it was Wolfenstein on the PC.

BlueSnake01

Established Member

+1 Goldeneye was the best FPS, even though there are bad ass FPS games out now. No other FPS game will ever be as big as Goldeneye was, Goldeneye was a masterpiece when it first came out :rockon::beer: My first FPS was Doom, another great game was Duke Nukem 3D!!!!

deannyc

Str8
Established Member
My neighbor was a comp tech back in the early 90s.
I was probably 10 yrs old playing wolftenstein, quake, doom, duke nukem, etc on a 286 network, schooling the old folks.
Obviously made the natural progression from doom to n64 goldeneye, and the PC hits, ie: Half-Life, Quake series, Unreal Tournament etc etc.
Played counter-strike "professionally" back when I was 15-17 yrs old. Went all over the country, and even was invited to Korea twice, but never made it out there.
Made a cool 20+ grand, and called it quits.
Now I play Battlefield 2 : project reality, and the occasional Forza 2 on 360.
Dont have the time/interest/passion for the games as I used too.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsQFYceNZS8"]YouTube - FPS-Doug[/ame]

This thread is now complete.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
first game i was really into was of course Wolfenstein 3d. Then i got the sequel 'Spear of Destiny' which was also great. After that it was Doom, Quake, and Duke Nukem 3D. Then I stopped playing video games until Goldeneye came out. Me and my buddies played that game for many many hours. Then came Perfect Dark which i was obsessed with for a while. Used to love playing 4 player with 3 friends and play against 8 simulants lol, that was complete chaos. Then I stopped playing videogames again until COD4 and COD:WAW came out which is what I've been playing recently.

*edit, for all you Perfect Dark fans, you will be able to download the original Perfect Dark on Xbox Live Arcade this winter, I can't wait!

Last edited:

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
I have been on since the beginning. I was on the first share ware band wagon DL'd at 1200 !!

You all can thank me for my conituned support all these years. Many of my $$ funded all the cool people and companies cranking these things out.

wolfenstein-3d.jpg

Cobra Was Here

I Miss My Cobra
Established Member
*edit, for all you Perfect Dark fans, you will be able to download the original Perfect Dark on Xbox Live Arcade this winter, I can't wait!

awesome! I already have Doom and Wolfenstein 3D downloaded in my XBL arcade. Can anyone help me figure out how to play Quake on my laptop? I think I need a 64-bit version.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
awesome! I already have Doom and Wolfenstein 3D downloaded in my XBL arcade. Can anyone help me figure out how to play Quake on my laptop? I think I need a 64-bit version.

they have Wolfenstein 3D on XBLA? I didn't see it on there last time I was browsing the games, I'll have to check it out when I get home from work.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Doom for me, then went on and played the rest above! Still playing CS Source and BF2! PC of course.

Wolfenstein on the iphone is good! Its worth the download.

Equalbracket

Established Member
My neighbor was a comp tech back in the early 90s.
I was probably 10 yrs old playing wolftenstein, quake, doom, duke nukem, etc on a 286 network, schooling the old folks.
Obviously made the natural progression from doom to n64 goldeneye, and the PC hits, ie: Half-Life, Quake series, Unreal Tournament etc etc.
Played counter-strike "professionally" back when I was 15-17 yrs old. Went all over the country, and even was invited to Korea twice, but never made it out there.
Made a cool 20+ grand, and called it quits.
Now I play Battlefield 2 : project reality, and the occasional Forza 2 on 360.
Dont have the time/interest/passion for the games as I used too.

Really? What 1.6 team?

Nickyoobatz

Established Member
The original Medal of Honor for PS1 is what started it. To this day that game is still badass. The rest of the MOH series, then Halo, then the first Call of Duty was my main game for awhile. Call of Duty is definitely my favorite game series.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
The original Medal of Honor for PS1 is what started it. To this day that game is still badass. The rest of the MOH series, then Halo, then the first Call of Duty was my main game for awhile. Call of Duty is definitely my favorite game series.

forgot about the MOH games, they were fun. i used to always play Medal of Honor: Rising Sun and play multiplayer agaist the AI bots. So much fun.

Users who are viewing this thread