Foxbody Terminator Swap Kit

ksstang

Vortech'd
Established Member
I’m not sure if this is the correct place to post, so if not I apologize.

I’m curious if anyone knows if there is anyone that has a complete list of parts needed to perform a Terminator swap into a Fox.

Also, if anyone knows if there is anywhere that sells a kit with everything needed, minus the drivetrain obviously…..

Thinking in the future of MAYBE doing one.

Thanks

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm not sure what kind of kit could be made. A local guy does the swap for people and has one himself. He did everything though. The dash, seats, wiring harness, etc. I believe he uses the Maximum Motorsport K member and then gets a donor for the rest. His current ride even has the IRS in it.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Tough to concisely answer this one since you didn't mention your scope and there's more than one way to skin a fox.

The major components you'll need are the K-member, whole engine assembly (including all the front drive accessories), hydroboost master cylinder, booster, and lines, all the intercooler hardware, throttle cable, cruise control hardware (if desired), air intake, and exhaust, at least up to the tailpipes (and that will vary depending on what you want to do.)

Now the wiring and fuel system are wildcards. You could just run a standalone. If you want the factory ECU you'll need all the wiring and harnesses, CCRM, ECU, ignition/column, key, and gauge cluster. You could forgo some of that depending on what gauges you want to run and how, and if you can/want to tune it to delete PATS.

Fuel system will require the FPDM and wiring harnesses if you want to go the stock ECU route and returnless. You can run whatever pump(s), hat, and tank that meet your needs. It's easy to run it return style if you want, and you'll need to plumb it accordingly.

Cooling system you can configure as you'd like. You could use all the new edge hardware like radiator, surge tank, and fans. Or you could run the fox radiator, whatever fan, whatever control strategy you want, and recovery or surge tank style.

You'd need A/C lines.

Steering rack and front suspension/brakes/spindles aren't required but nice to have.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things since there's just so many options.

Users who are viewing this thread