Foxbody complete build need help

southport2014

Established Member
Hi everyone havent really posted on here. More active on stangnet but somehow cant access my account there so i decided to join here and it seems pretty good.

Over the past several months i have been pondering the idea of letting my 87 gt go and buying a 03 or 04 mach 1 and building it. Well my father talked me into keeping the foxbody because its already 30 years old and may be worth something one day. So i have chosen to keep it.

I am here because i want to build a mean street car. Not really interested in the strip. May take to strip once or twice a year. Anyways it currently has 5 lug swap, 3.73 gears, t5 trans, ud pullies gt40 heads and intake cold air intake. Shorty headers. O/r x pipe and flowmaster 40s dumped.
The car does not seem very fast to me just tourqey.

I want to build this car from the ground up.
Car is getting a all new paint job and new rear bumper and moldings and tail lights.
Looking for opinions on what suspension i should use what brake setup i should use since my car is 5 lug. Was thinking of doing a 351 stroked to 408 if funds allow or a 351 that is boosted.
Th400 trans ect just trying to get ideas

Brake budget -1500
Suspension budget -1500
Trans budget -2500
Engine-5000 as of now
Any ideas. ?

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I have had my 84 for almost 20 years , has a 347 on spray.
I built a 91 notch , 01 Cobra drive train.
Sold the notch to do a coyote swap into the 84 .
That is my recommendation as well .
For the money , you will be miles ahead .

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Say used from junk yard. How much would all of it be. I knowny wont know exact numbers

It depends you could go F-150 and swap the front cover and oil pan I believe don't quote me on that. Then just buy the control pack. You would have to call local junkyards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
I was going to say take a look at my build thread but I have a lot more into it. But still check it out and take the pieces you think you like. I was in the same boat as you, I wanted to build a monster 03-04 Cobra but decided that there are far less 4 eye mustangs. So far I am happy but the headache of building has been wearing on me. Going on 2 years now but I have been working on it more and more and I am happy with it.

southport2014

Established Member
Looked at doing a coyote swap. It would be nice but i believe it will be to much work for me. Now what should i do 408 stroker if so where could i get a good assembled shortblock at ? Or if i do a 351 setup with a blower do you think this route would be better. I want to stay fuel injected and hydraulic roller cam . Anyone know any good hci combos for a 351 boosted ?

Users who are viewing this thread