Fox rear in new edge

jarryd2018

Established Member
I know it's shorter, but I got a housing for free I want to build and I want to know what issues I may run into.

LilRoush

M112'd Roush x2
Established Member
It's a good deal narrower, you'll have rubbing issues on the inner fenderwell. Best option if you REALLY have to do it is get stronger aftermarket studs and spacers to offset the short axle and get you wheels back where they should be.

Better idea is to take the money you are going to spend 'building' it and get the right axle to start with.

jarryd2018

Established Member
It's a good deal narrower, you'll have rubbing issues on the inner fenderwell. Best option if you REALLY have to do it is get stronger aftermarket studs and spacers to offset the short axle and get you wheels back where they should be.

Better idea is to take the money you are going to spend 'building' it and get the right axle to start with.

I thought I might use spacers, I also thought I might use it for bartering to get what I need. I mainly wanted to know if there would be issues with bolting it up though other than length.

iwillrun91

I used a SN95's rear cause i picked it up cheap with a locker, gears, and 31 spline axles. It fits perfect without fenders being rolled, i fit a set of 28's with no rubbing anywhere while being pretty damn low :)

So if i was you id look for one out off a 94-98 and build it or get a aftermarket one.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
Is the housing length the same? and the axles are longer to accommodate the disc brakes, or is the housing itself longer?

levelbelow2000

Established Member
I have a 89 gt rear in my 02gt. I run WELD RTS's 15x10 5.5bs. and no spacers. no rubbing issues at all, almost looks mini tubbed with the deeper dish on the welds. Just have to convert it over to disc brakes.

jarryd2018

Established Member
I have a 89 gt rear in my 02gt. I run WELD RTS's 15x10 5.5bs. and no spacers. no rubbing issues at all, almost looks mini tubbed with the deeper dish on the welds. Just have to convert it over to disc brakes.

Ill be swapping over my 2000 brakes if I'm not too stupid to handle building a rear end.

jarryd2018

Established Member
I just read about the adapter plates. I always assumed the sn95 stuff could be transferred over. It's not a huge deal though, I may fab up something myself.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
The fox rear is the same length as 94-98 rears. Stuff 94-98 axles in it and swap over your anti-moan brackets, backing plates, etc and you'll basically have a 94-98 rear end. You shouldn't really have any fitment issues at all, if anything you can use a 7/16" spacer to bring the wheels out a bit.

jarryd2018

Established Member
That's all I thought it would take. I need to get the right axles and a 31 spline unit to get it ready. I want it to handle slicks and hard launches.

Users who are viewing this thread