Fox or SN shocks

Dekorum

Established Member
On brothersperformance.com they say that lowered 94-04's should get the 87-93 shocks/struts because they are 1" shorter than the SN shocks/struts. Is this correct, or only for tokicos? Also, are tokico blues (260 a set or 230 for fox) the best bang for your buck shocks/struts?

tjs98gt

Established Member
use fox shocks and struts if your car is lowered yes. if stock height/springs then use regular SN struts/shocks

EDIT: and ive always been a fan of the KYB AGX adjustables, good value and ride

Dekorum

Established Member
The AGX's are a little over 100 dollars more than a set of HPs. Do they really feel that much different than the tokicos? Any other opinions?

Dekorum

Established Member
I got the fox body tokico blues on my car and they ride really good.

Sweet. I am leaning towards those cause they have them on ebay for $230 with free shipping (brand new of course).
Do they really make a night and day difference over stock?

Any more suggestions or testimonies?

Dekorum

Established Member
I am also using B springs. I have a coil cut off the rear for a nicer drop, I may even cut a half or so off the front now too. The stock drop on B springs is definitely not slammed enough.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
yeah, use fox struts if you like your car to scrape on the front... Worst choice Ive made in a while. I had 5 way tokico's on the front (sn95's) and the seals went. So I ordered a set of front shocks for a fox and now I scrape on every speed bump no matter what angle or speed I try and go over them... Im swapping them out over the winter and going with something else...

nicolae88

Slow "Pink" car.
Established Member
I used H&R SuperSport springs with Tokico 5-ways. I went with the fox struts and so far they have been awesome. I have no issues with scraping the front of the car, and every once in awhile I will find a speed bump high enough to scrape a header. I went with fox struts based on recommendation from Maximum Motorsports!

Dekorum

Established Member
yeah, use fox struts if you like your car to scrape on the front... Worst choice Ive made in a while. I had 5 way tokico's on the front (sn95's) and the seals went. So I ordered a set of front shocks for a fox and now I scrape on every speed bump no matter what angle or speed I try and go over them... Im swapping them out over the winter and going with something else...

Woah, what springs are you lowered with?

Users who are viewing this thread