Fox Coupe 393 EFI

MustangerMike

Established Member
1987 Mustang Coupe:
original 4cyl car, converted properly, 3g alternator upgrade, bolt in 4 pt
roll bar (textured white finish), dual gauge pillar pod with fuel pressure & vac/boost gauge
(both matching autometer), 140 mph speedo (v8 cluster), white exterior (clear coat
is starting to peel and hood isnt a perfect match), grey tweed cloth interior, black carpet,
03/04 Mach I wheels with drag radials. looks like a 91 but since the title says 87 it can
be (and is) tagged as an antique. this is a tagged street, daily driven car...
i take my 9 and 10 yr old daughters to school in it. Strange manual brake master cyl kit.
the power steering rack is still on the car but the lines have been looped, PS pump and
A/C have been removed but i have EVERYTHING to put it all back on the car including all
bracketry!
Front Suspension:
98 5 lug front spindles and brakes, UPR tubular K member with tubular A arms and coilover kit,
Strange 10 way adjustable drag shocks
Rear Suspension:
98 8.8 rear end, 31 spline open carrier Lincoln Locked, Alloy USA 31 spline fox length axles,
98 disc brakes adapted to fox width, FMS 4.10 gears, T/A performance aluminum diff cover,
FMS aluminum driveshaft, Maximum Motorsports tubular lower control arms, GT rear
springs, UPR double adjustable upper control arms, Strange 10 way adjustable drag shocks
Transmission:
Professionally built C4 with all lube mods and extra clutches, PA rev manual valvebody, Jegs XHD
3400 rpm stall 10" converter with billet front cover, TCI SFI flexplate, Hurst 1/4 stick shifter
with Holcomb install bracket to put it in the console.
Engine:
ALL FRESH LESS THAN 1000 MILES! Production Ford Roller Windsor block, bored .030
and decked, FMS 4340 forged steel 3.850 stroke crankshaft, 5.956" 4340 forged steel H
beam rods, Probe SRS 14844-303 pistons (11.8:1), Mahle file fit rings (set for nitrous),
Summit street/race balancer, rotating assy prof. balanced by Hitch Repair in Maryville, TN.
heads started off as Twisted Wedge 170 track heats, sent them to TEA ported to a 205 runner
61cc chamber with the Nitrous Exhaust upgrade, all new valves, guides and exhaust seats
all Comp valvetrain, springs, retainers and locks (reciepts available for all of this). Comp
Custom hyd roller cam with .619I/.609E 254I/266E on a 114lc (full cam card available).
Comp Pro Magnum roller rockers, Comp hardened pushrods. Victor 5.8 EFI intake (untouched)
with Accufab 75mm throttle body, HPC 1" throttle body spacer with nitrous port. Moroso
sheetmetal valvecovers powdercoated black texture, Anderson Performance N/A Powerpipe
(the large one). MSD hi torque mini starter.
Engine Management:
Stinger PiMP standalone kit (similar to megasquirt PNP gen2), Innovate LM2 wideband A/F
meter. the car is tuned and running, excellent throttle response and A/F ratios, no hunting
or surging idle. still needs to have the cold start (below 45 deg) enrichments tuned, comes with
all supporting data including the flash drive containing all manuals and startup tunes.
Fuel system:
Seimans Deka 80# hr high impedance injectors, stock fuel rails with Aeromotive rail mounted
regulator, stock fuel lines, fox tank, SN95 fuel pump hanger and discharge line,
High Flow Pumps 320 LPH intank pump with hot wire relay kit.
ALSO AVAILABLE: 2001 Gt tank, On3 triple pump hat kit, Aeromotive billet rails, Aeromotive
external regulator, and fuel lines/fittings to link all the front half together, just add two or three
pumps, -10 feed line and -8 return line.
ALSO AVAILABLE: front mount 1 gal fuel cell, holley blue pump, reg, barided stainless lines
and fittings for standalone nitrous fuel system.
Exhaust: aftermarket shorties (not sure manufacturer), UPR X-pipe with evac tubes, flowmaster
2 chambers, stainless tailpipes,
Nitrous System:
Nitrous Express Gemini Twin plate, one set of NOS Pro noids with purge, -6 feed line,
bottle mounted in trunk installed and operational. the car was built to be subtle without a
bunch of "dash acne", the arming switch for the nitrous is the factory foglamp switch and the
purge is controlled by the factory rear defrost switch. Also have a set of Harris Speed Works
bottom exit noids to be used on the other side of the plate for a second stage. this plate
has been rated to add 300hp per stage. the PiMP has the ability to control both stages
of nitrous, i just left it all manual control until the motor tuning was done.
the car has run 7.50's easily and short shifting with the stock ecu (6250 rev limit) and 3.55 gears,
it is capable of 6's on motor and 5's on juice with the fuel system upgrades.
asking $13,000 cash or $15,000 trade value, if the paint was perfect i would be asking $16,000
for this car... cannot be built for this, turn key! Location is Jacksboro, TN 423-494-4619 Mike
Trades Considered:
03/04 Cobra (termi car)
03/04 Mach I
99-04 Lightning
any trades considered MUST be clean and mods mean nothing to me, i would prefer a clean
untouched vehicle, im getting older and want to get out of the "race inspired" and into a
more "street inspired" vehicle.
image by boostdcoupe, on Flickr
PIC HEAVY! this wasnt a slammed together "hack job", here are some pics of the motor assembly, starting with "big man" helping with the filing of the rings...
heres the heads before going to TEA...
the new valve train parts going with them...
and after they got back...
cam specs...
checking PTV clearance and for pushrod length, found an issue with the geometry and resolved it by having the rocker rebuild by Comp with offset trunions...
ended up with an excellent pattern...
IMG_1272[1] by boostdcoupe, on Flickr
IMG_2125[1] by boostdcoupe, on Flickr
IMG_2137[1] by boostdcoupe, on Flickr
IMG_2136[1] by boostdcoupe, on Flickr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COpocseNxJw&list=UUaxKTzS4eFGELlBMQ_yQenA

Users who are viewing this thread