Fox build question

mr2cam

Established Member
Hi guys, were in the process of building a fox body for a customer, its an 81 thats gutted, we built a 351W with trickflow pistons (12.0:1 I think), trickflow twisted wedge 68cc heads, crower cam (dont know specs). Anyway my question is this, the 351 was originally out of a truck and I was wondering if the stock truck oil pan will fit in an 81 fox.

mr2cam

Established Member
Is it a dual-sump like the fox or a front or rear sump only pan and what year truck did it come out of ?

It is like the fox pan, but it is quite a bit deeper, it came out of a 95 F150.

4valvemach

Established Member
I searched up some pictures and the truck pan wont work it is to big/deep and will not fit the cross member.The stock fox pan only has about a half inch or so between the top of the member and bottom of the pan.

mr2cam

Established Member
I searched up some pictures and the truck pan wont work it is to big/deep and will not fit the cross member.The stock fox pan only has about a half inch or so between the top of the member and bottom of the pan.

damn, thanks for checking that out for me

mr2cam

Established Member
Looks like our next option is to find a 351W car oil pan, off like an 85 crown vic or something.

thatdavidkid

Established Member
the "budget swap" option is using a pan from one of the old vans, they're a dual sump. that's what most people run if they want a stock capacity pan for 351

mr2cam

Established Member
the "budget swap" option is using a pan from one of the old vans, they're a dual sump. that's what most people run if they want a stock capacity pan for 351

He ended up finding the right one off of summit, this car wont be very fast, kinda a budjet build.

Users who are viewing this thread