fox body vortech v1-t clearance issue

adams

Established Member
hey,i know this has probably been covered before but i couldnt find it so i thought id ask.

i have a 306 with a vortech v1-t setup.
the supercharger 8 rib belt seems to come in contact with the water pump pulley. do i need to have an aftermarket water pump pulley. if so wont it cause the serpentine belt to be aligned wrong? the supercharger belt seems to hit the front face of the water pump pulley. the 4bolt heads. can i move the supercharger idler pulley to a different location?

thanks

adams

Established Member
i will get some pictures. what waterpump pulley are you guys using.

and which hole are you using for the supercharger idler pulley?

theres 2 holes on the plate

Farrell5.0

Established Member
I have a factory wp pulley. I have my tensioner pulley on the lowest (closest to passenger side) holes. It really just depends on your belt length.

Farrell5.0

Established Member
I tried to take a few pictures of what mine looks like to give you an idea, obviously a tight space so it proved a little difficult.

uploadfromtaptalk1406395739186.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1406395747857.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1406395756312.jpg

adams

Established Member
thank you so much.

i have the same wp pulley. what length belt do you run? ill have to try this.

mine is an 8 rib belt 56 inches i believe. number on belt is 1420.

also depends on your crank pulley i guess too

adams

Established Member
thanks.

i was also wondering what pulley makes what boost numbers.

i have a 3.33 on it now which i think is around 10 psi.

i was wondering which pulley id need to make 15-16 psi.

2.95 or 2.75?

Farrell5.0

Established Member
2.75 would be your best bet. I can't really say for sure what it would give you. Every combo yields different numbers. If you go to vortech's website, they have a blower rpm calculator where you can figure out how fast the blower will spin with which pulley combo at any given engine rpm.

adams

Established Member
Thanks for all the pics and tips.

I just gotta see if I have a 8 inch crank pulley or a 6.87 one or whatever. I bought the car already as it was so it's hard to tell what is what.

It has a 3.33 pulley with a 1420 belt. I'm only running 42lb injectors and a pro m pro tube maf. So I'll probably max out the maf if i run a smaller pulley. I could be wrong though. Motor is all forged so I could run a different pulley if the maf isn't maxed out

adams

Established Member
the maf is a pro m pro tube 3 inch one. injectors are 42lb.
i believe the pulley setup on my car right now will be 10psi.
i dont know the numbers because the motor may have 10 minutes of idling on it. it goes for dyno tuning this week.

just trying to get the blower belt back on. its the same 1420 belt that i took off. just having a horrible time putting one back on.

1badlx

Established Member
I had a t on my fox. 93 cobra water pump pulley and notch the tensioner bracket. Shorter Belt. It is close but it works.

Farrell5.0

Established Member
the maf is a pro m pro tube 3 inch one. injectors are 42lb.
i believe the pulley setup on my car right now will be 10psi.
i dont know the numbers because the motor may have 10 minutes of idling on it. it goes for dyno tuning this week.

just trying to get the blower belt back on. its the same 1420 belt that i took off. just having a horrible time putting one back on.
If you're having issues with the belt because It's too short to just slip on, put the car in 4th gear and have someone rock it back and forth and you can generally wiggle the belt on that way.

Farrell5.0

Established Member
Also I don't know what the rest of your setup is like but when I had the stock ecu/piggy back and maf, I had a 76mm maf wtf 42lb injectors and made 450whp/435 wtq so I "think" your maf will be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread