Fox Body Springs, help please?

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
Titanium, are those 99-04 Saleen chevron stripes you've got on your car there? I've been looking for some ideas on how to break up the "all black" look of my 88 but in a tasteful way. I wonder what those would look like above the beltline in a similar spot to the 92-93 Saleen stripes. Probably too small. I need to hit photoshop for a few hours. Oh, and I really like the first shot in your last post. The way the shadows play off the car look awesome. I think that would look killer as a large poster. It'd be even better if the sign above it said "No Parking". :-D

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
I have H&R Super Sports. They ride awesome and have a DEAD EVEN drop. Total drop was about 1.75 inches.

Cobraport.jpg

Cobraslammedside.jpg

Cobraslammedrear2.jpg

Last edited:

Titanium 5.0

Oh Oh.. 5.0!
Established Member
Goodson. Indeed the chevrons are identical to those found on the 99-04 Saleen. I thought i'd try something new and place them under the belt line as opposed to above like the fox saleens'. I'm sure some silver ones would do a nice job of breaking up the black. Till this day I have yet to see another fox with the chevrons under the beltline.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Keep in mind that bullit springs on a fox body let the rear sit slightly lower than the front, at least that's the results that most people are seeing...

cdjohns

Established Member
well, from what i understand the more serious higher springs rates give less drop. the guys at Delk told me Ford Racing, Eibach Pro Springs , etc. give only about an 1 inch drop.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
You should also look at using a progressive rate spring, vs a linear rate - more comfy for strett driving...

I have no experience on which springs give what drop, my car is stock ride height...

PJM99

Established Member
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the ride height of the 93. The 97 looks like a 4x4.

racerbox77

Established Member
Eibach Sport Lines without factory isos drop the car big time. Makes the car tuck tire all the way around. My buddy has that set up on his red 93 Cobra. I personally have Eibach Pro kit and I took out the lower isos in front and uppers in rear.

cdjohns

Established Member
racerbox77 said:
Eibach Sport Lines without factory isos drop the car big time. Makes the car tuck tire all the way around. My buddy has that set up on his red 93 Cobra. I personally have Eibach Pro kit and I took out the lower isos in front and uppers in rear.

sorry, but this may sound stupid, but i guess the only stupid question is the one not asked. anyway, what exactly is the ISOS? i am kinda in the dark on that.:shrug:

Chris

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
the spring isolaters (rubber pieces between the spring and where it rests on the control arm). They will add 1/4" to 1/2" in ride height, according to how the spring is sitting on them

cdjohns

Established Member
oh dang! that makes so much since. i do feel dumb now. i wasn't reading it like it was, isos. i thought it was a abreviation for something. lol. so, if you take those out then, how would the spring stay in place on the control arm? i've never heard of doing this.

Chris

racerbox77

Established Member
They'll stay in fine and wont make any noise either. Just a factory add-on to help keep the spring centered and eliminate noise. You dont need them.

Last edited:

cdjohns

Established Member
oh ok. never knew that. i guess you do learn something new eveyrday, lol. so if i'm getting the Eibach Sportlines it would probably be best to just leave those there then? cause the Sportlines drop the car about 1.5"-1.75" by themselves.

Chris

racerbox77

Established Member
Depends how low you wanna go. After you switch the springs the car will "settle" about another 1/4 to 1/2 inch over the next couple weeks.

cdjohns

Established Member
yeah, i'll probably just leave them there then. no reason to get it any lower than what the springs will.

thanks, chris

Users who are viewing this thread