Fox body shorty headers into sn95?

sscobra

Established Member
Hey everyone. Great site. I was wondering if anyone has proof that the fox body headers will fit into the sn95 cars. I know about the egr bung being different. Don't care. I keep hearing people saying yeah, but I haven't seen any proof. I am by no means new to these cars. I just am trying to save some time on test fitting. Also I found a good deal on some ceramic coated fox body headers (the real motivation). :thumbsup:

Last edited:

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
why wouldnt they fit, the same engine, basically the same engine compartment, the only difference is the egr

sscobra

Established Member
That is what I am thinking. The 94-95's motor was moved (hence the different bellhousing and trans. input shaft) compared to the fox body. I think it will work. I was trying to determine if the length difference was made up for by the headers or by the h-pipe.

epracmetcon

Established Member
You will need a fox midpipe. But they should fit right in. I have a set of fox equal length shorties with a matching fox h pipe ready to go in my 94.

sscobra

Established Member
I took off my long tubes this weekend and test fitted a set of fox body headers. They seem to fit fine and clear the steering shaft. I was unable to test fit an h-pipe. I will most likely go with the fox body h-pipe. I'll have the egr block-off plate done this week. I can't wait...ceramic coated headers and a cleaner engine compartment, can't beat that. Thanks for all the help.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
A friend of mine swapped an entire Hooker exhaust system from his old 86 GT onto his 95 Cobra. The shorties and H-pipe fit fine, no clearance problems. (Cat-back was a little off)

sscobra

Established Member
Thanks monkeyspunk79,

I figured that the cat back would be a little off. I am going with a side exhaust set-up that I have been working on, so I don't have to worry about flow tube/ muffler / tailpipe alignment. Thanks for all the help. I will post pics when I get a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread