Fox Body Prices

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
I was looking at buying an older fox body mustang for a project. Let me start off by saying Im very noobish when it comes to foxes. I looked in the svtp classifieds for some. I have a couple questions.

I notice that these cars are nice and older but these cars asking prices are very high. I mean I heard you cant get much money back on your mods to a car?? Does that not apply to Fox Bodies?

Im mainly looking for 85-93 notch, but almost all these cars are either salvage titles or just gutted and made into track cars?

Im not trying to be difficult, I just notice these cars asking prices are much higher then book value.. Please fill mw in on this guys!

tbank you

OBGT

Moving On Up!
Established Member
I good 87-93 notch will run you 6k-9k. By good I mean maybe some very minor work, but a overall good running car with good paint...And not Stock. Completely stock notches are a very hard to find and cost quite a bit more cause of this. As for the modifications, they do bring up the cost of the car a little.

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
Well I agree with you that these cars are getting harder to find with minor mods, or stock for that matter. I just thought most of them were over priced. (my opinion) but compared to hatches are notches more sought after, or more rare I guess is what I mean?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Notches are both more rare and more sought after. Fox bodies in general have prices that are starting to trend up as people begin collecting and restoring them. You used to be able to get a really nice runner in the 3-4k range, but not anymore. KBB is no longer an accurate indication of what a fox is worth. I agree with the post above on clean price ranges.

If you want something less expensive, look for an SN95, you can get a decent one of those for around 4k now.

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
Think what is going to be like finding a stock terminator in 2024, finding a stock fox body is tough. Crazy enough four eyed foxes are already being restored and the aftermarket is making stock oem parts to do it.

A rust free fox with less then 100k miles and mods will run north of $8000 and pending on how it is built could be as high as $14000.

I had my fox reviewed by a collector car company for insurance. They value replacement around $15,000. Mainly because it would be hard to find a clean GT and then the cost of replacing the modded parts with labor cost. If you use normal full coverage insurance you will get a KBB replacment cost, but you need to get agreed value insurance.

I been in the fox game since the mid 90's and trust me it took me 5 to find a clean one.

I found mine as a roller a damaged front fender and hood with 60k miles. In the pic below that is original paint except hood, cobra grill and passenger side fender. The car was garaged its whole life and when the previous owner had it apart in a climate controlled warehouse. The bodyshop that repaired said they loved working on it, because every screw came out plastic parts with nothing cracking.

Last edited:

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
Notches are both more rare and more sought after. Fox bodies in general have prices that are starting to trend up as people begin collecting and restoring them. You used to be able to get a really nice runner in the 3-4k range, but not anymore. KBB is no longer an accurate indication of what a fox is worth. I agree with the post above on clean price ranges.

If you want something less expensive, look for an SN95, you can get a decent one of those for around 4k now.

Well to be honest, I have about 7-8 to spend on one. Either buying one complete turn key, or buying everything cheap and doing it myself. I know KBB is not completely accurate, but just didnt wanna get shafted buy paying double what something is worth.

Nada and kbb is a joke and are only used by banks .... if you don't have the cash dont bother messing with a performance car... Just a word of advice...

---
I am here: Google Maps

Well thanks for your opinion but I do have cash in hand. I just thought If I payed 10-14k for a car I would be considered a sucker. Im just going off of basic car selling experience. I understand most people sale these things with alot of sentimental value and hard work attached to it. Im just trying to get a deal like anybody else.

Freedom

Established Member
Well to be honest, I have about 7-8 to spend on one. Either buying one complete turn key, or buying everything cheap and doing it myself. I know KBB is not completely accurate, but just didnt wanna get shafted buy paying double what something is worth.

Well thanks for your opinion but I do have cash in hand. I just thought If I payed 10-14k for a car I would be considered a sucker. Im just going off of basic car selling experience. I understand most people sale these things with alot of sentimental value and hard work attached to it. Im just trying to get a deal like anybody else.

I have a fairly clean SSP Notch that I paid $5k for 2 years ago, and I considered it a steal then.... just paid 10k for a modded notch that is really nice.. these cars are getting hard to find. If you want bargains, I would start looking at 5.0 LX Hatch's, they will be the next to start rising...

Last edited:

lafeva

Established Member

This is the exact reason im selling my fox coupe and not my sn. People are pretty much giving away sn95s now a days. Foxes are just badass and I feel like they have alot of character and the mods are just so cheap and plentiful.

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
I have a fairly clean SSP Notch that I paid $5k for 2 years ago, and I considered it a steal then.... just paid 10k for a modded notch that is really nice.. these cars are getting hard to find. If you want bargains, I would start looking at 5.0 LX Hatch's, they will be the next to start rising...

Yea, thats true. I figure I would start looking, before it gets tough trying to find one period...lol

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
This is the exact reason im selling my fox coupe and not my sn. People are pretty much giving away sn95s now a days. Foxes are just badass and I feel like they have alot of character and the mods are just so cheap and plentiful.

Do you think it would be cheaper to just buy one complete, or maybe buy a roller and do it yourself. I just know that I see these parts up all the time for cheap!

lafeva

Established Member
Id buy a clean roller honestly and drop a crate motor in. Id go for that trueblue coupe that's fs I think predator 97 is selling it

mach14604

Established Member

Totally Agree with this. I paid $5000 for mine two years ago. It was an 84,000 mile car WITH no bad title or accidents. Mine is a black notch with a black interior. It was not in bad shape by any means but not grade A condition. I had to put money into it to make it more presentable and better running. I could have paid more for a better car but was not willing to. The market is driving these prices right now and the market is good right now but higher priced. Alot of people want these cars and the aftermarket is very good support wise with them.

amigrad06

SVT Noob!
Established Member
I have a 91 Bimini blue LX with all the bolt ons, and an S trim with 76K original miles. I listed mine on C-List for $7000 and got zero response. Notches are more desirable, I sold a 240K miles emerald green 92 LX notch that has a clean and clear carfax and so original it had the air silencer in the fender. I had a hard time getting $3000.

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
Totally Agree with this. I paid $5000 for mine two years ago. It was an 84,000 mile car WITH no bad title or accidents. Mine is a black notch with a black interior. It was not in bad shape by any means but not grade A condition. I had to put money into it to make it more presentable and better running. I could have paid more for a better car but was not willing to. The market is driving these prices right now and the market is good right now but higher priced. Alot of people want these cars and the aftermarket is very good support wise with them.

Yes, thats very true. I have seen so many Sn97 going for cheap lately. I wonder why? I would love a notch but I could settle for a hatch. It just seems like there are less and less notches to be found these days.

I did find this one but it really needs work.

mustang lx coupe

what you guys think?

2003RedfireCobra

Learning More Every Day
Established Member
I have a 91 Bimini blue LX with all the bolt ons, and an S trim with 76K original miles. I listed mine on C-List for $7000 and got zero response. Notches are more desirable, I sold a 240K miles emerald green 92 LX notch that has a clean and clear carfax and so original it had the air silencer in the fender. I had a hard time getting $3000.

Thats what Im thinking happens to people when they post these high prices for these cars. I know they are getting higher and everything, but how can some people have a hard time selling them for cheap. Then some have no problem at all??? I guess it just depends on the area maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread