Fox Body LX owns Skyline.

SHOspazz92

Established Member
So there I was driving down route 16 near Tokyo in my R32 Skyline GTS-T when I see a Familiar pair of headlights coming up behind me that I hadent seen since my days back in the states. Could it be? Oh yea...it was...A 5.0 LX was coming up real quick behind. My initial reaction was to drop in second at about 45 and wait for him to come up beside me....and give him a BOV salute if I had to like the ricer I want to be, To egg him on...But that was not necissary. He got beside me....dropped a gear himself and just sat there waiting for me to go...I brake boosted for a sec and took off like a bat out of hell, He was 2 cars back by 70.....umm...1 car back by...75?! 2 Cars ahead by 90?! He had blown by me like I was standing still with one of the Best Exhaust nots I had EVER heard coming out of a Fox, This thing was a beast! This was all going downhill for me quick! By 110 he was at least 5-6 cars ahead. I had infact just had my ass handed to me by a LX 5.0 notch....The 5.0 slows down and lets me catches up...The driver rolls down his window....and to my suprise it was a Middle aged Japanese Dude....Gives me a Thumbsup and takes off. Like a good night out in the states I tell ya!

-Sam

Last edited:

SHOspazz92

Established Member
ford_racer said:
Nope, he's in Tokyo, Arkansas.

You should have told him to come register on here!

haha, Like He would have heard me over his car

Anyways, Heres a Pictures of my 4 Door Turbo Skyline, Sitting on some Volk Racing 17'' wheels (17x9 In the back, 17X8 in the front). It desperatly needs to be lowered :kaboom:

DSCN1844.jpg

DSCN1835.jpg

-Sam

SHOspazz92

Established Member
Currently, HKS Turbo Timer, HKS catback, APEXI Cone filter, Blitz Side mount IC, HKS BOV, Aftermarket UDP's (Cant tell the make), a Tune the previous owner had done and a HKS Downpipe. I have a Boost Controller Waiting to go in but I'm holding off on that because I'm considering selling the car to buy a 98 Cobra when I come back to the states on leave. :rockon:

-Sam

Last edited:

chrisdf_382

Banned
cool but

sounds great and all.. but all the skylines i have seen out here in Okinawa are FARRR from impressive. Do not get me wrong.. they are a highly respected car.. but i looked up what those things are from the factory thru the years and they are not that great.

While here in Okinawa (I am here now).. I have seen a SN95 Cobra near NAHA and I have seen a 99-01ish GT... thats really all I have seen out here for USA Muscle.

NAyways... good run in.. peace!!

SHOspazz92

Established Member
chrisdf_382 said:
sounds great and all.. but all the skylines i have seen out here in Okinawa are FARRR from impressive. Do not get me wrong.. they are a highly respected car.. but i looked up what those things are from the factory thru the years and they are not that great.

While here in Okinawa (I am here now).. I have seen a SN95 Cobra near NAHA and I have seen a 99-01ish GT... thats really all I have seen out here for USA Muscle.

NAyways... good run in.. peace!!

Oh I know that, The skyline was an economy car before it was ever a performance car. They have as much presence here as a Ford Taurus does in the states really. But its funny as hell when I tell my friends in the states that I drive a Skyline "NO WAY, REALLY? WHOA!"....And if they were out here for more then a week they would get sick of seeing them so often. :kaboom:

I Ran down a GI in a 05 Mustang GT a few months ago, He couldent drive that well but Regardless I put a fender or so on him, and at the time all the car had was Exhaust and the Cone filter, So why its not All that fast, Its not terribly slow ;-)

-Sam

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
chrisdf_382 said:
Not that great???? Are you blind or mad???

The R32 and R34 where easy mid 13 second cars stock. Plus capable of over 160mph. Sounds really slow to me.

don't believe the advertised numbers, for many years Japanese cars where not allowed to officially develop more than 272bhp. So that's all you'll see them rated at. The R34's imported to the UK where rated at 350bhp, yet some believe it was still conservative.

In a test a few years back (~1998) A Skyline was easily the fastest car around a race circuit even when compared to a Ferrari 355, Ferrari F550, Porsche 911, Mitsi 3000 GTO, Lotus Elise, Honda NSX and several others.

400+Hp from a Skyline is easy and 700bhp is not all that hard either.

Pitrack

Boost it
Established Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdf_382

The R32 and R34 where easy mid 13 second cars stock. Plus capable of over 160mph. Sounds really slow to me.

don't believe the advertised numbers, for many years Japanese cars where not allowed to officially develop more than 272bhp. So that's all you'll see them rated at. The R34's imported to the UK where rated at 350bhp, yet some believe it was still conservative.

In a test a few years back (~1998) A Skyline was easily the fastest car around a race circuit even when compared to a Ferrari 355, Ferrari F550, Porsche 911, Mitsi 3000 GTO, Lotus Elise, Honda NSX and several others.

+1

SHOspazz92

Established Member
300bhp/ton said:

Take it from two people who actually live in Japan, There are far more impressive cars then GTR Skylines.

Besides, He was reffering to GTS-T skylines I'm sure. There are MANY MANY models of the skyline, For the R32 There was the GTS, GTE , Xi, GTS2.5, GTS4, GTSt And GTR, The two top of the line cars being the GTSt And GTR, I own a GTSt, Wich is a single Turbo RB20, As opposed to the Twin Turbo RB25 in the GT-R, And you will see a lot of GTSt's around as opposed to GTR's. And why yes, The GTS-t's can me made to be very Potent vehicles (Thers a Dude over here who has a 4 Door R32 GTSt like Mine with a T-60, Cams, Bolt-Ons who's making 495RWHP at 18psi In a car that hardly weighs over 3000 Pounds) They are not the cream of th crop. Theres RWD toyota sedans with Toyota Supra TT engines in them, 300+ Horsepower Factory Evo's and WRX's that are a tad lighter then R33 and up skylines, Etc etc.... Skylines are impressive cars for what they are, But if you were drove one over here for the first time....after being used to driving ...lets say a 03 Cobra every day...You would wonder what all the hype is about;-)

-Sam

Last edited:

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
SHOspazz92 said:
Take it from two people who actually live in Japan, There are far more impressive cars then GTR Skylines.
Such as?

SHOspazz92 said:
Besides, He was reffering to GTS-T skylines I'm sure.
Well that's pretty dumb, I mean when someone says Mustang or Fbody and performance you don't think of the V6 version do you? You thinkn of the performance model. So in the case of the Skyline the GTR Spec V.

SHOspazz92 said:
Skylines are impressive cars for what they are, But if you were drove one over here for the first time....after being used to driving ...lets say a 03 Cobra every day...You would wonder what all the hype is about;-)

-Sam
I guess that's just perspective though. But regardless even as ugly as the Skyline is a GTR would easily whoop a Terminator on any race circuit stock for stock.

chrisdf_382

Banned
lol

well, i read in the past that the gtr (94-97 or something) runs like a 13.2 in stock trim... pretty good.. seriosuly though... ....well, i know MMFF did a article in early 03 about the 03 CObra and they were able to hammer a well into the near mid 12's IN stock trim!!!... i am researching that 03 article from 03 so i can support my claim... or should i say MMFF's test!!!

:beer:

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
eh?

This is SVTP, we all are quite a where of what a Cobra is capable of. And there's no debate on that.

But seriously if you aren't impressed with a car from 10 years back being capable of low 13's stock then I don't really think you are living on the same planet.

And why on Earth do you think the Skylline was built for drag racing?

The BIG news about the R32 was the clever computer that allowed stupid cornering abillty. It the car understeered the computer sorted it out, if it oversteered you simply kept your foot down.

Personally I have no love for the Skyline, too ugly and dull in terms of looks and driver involvement. But they do have my deepest respect.

chrisdf_382

Banned
300bhp/ton said:
eh?

This is SVTP, we all are quite a where of what a Cobra is capable of. And there's no debate on that.

But seriously if you aren't impressed with a car from 10 years back being capable of low 13's stock then I don't really think you are living on the same planet.

And why on Earth do you think the Skylline was built for drag racing?

The BIG news about the R32 was the clever computer that allowed stupid cornering abillty. It the car understeered the computer sorted it out, if it oversteered you simply kept your foot down.

Personally I have no love for the Skyline, too ugly and dull in terms of looks and driver involvement. But they do have my deepest respect.

i mentioned about that article because some idiots.. not saying anyone here... realize or are under the impression that the 03/04 cobra is a 13.2 car at best in facory trim thanks to the article in road and track or motortrend.. whatever it was that said the cobra and the STI were neck and neck.. ..not disagre-ing but the claim on the cobra time was garbage!!! yeah.. the sti could of been a bunk time to but it had awd so there is not much room for failure there.. anyways.. i end my point here.. peace

Users who are viewing this thread