Fox body hoods

nhancedsvt

Established Member
like the title says post up what you got! cowls, cobra, custom, you name it... if it's not stock put em up with the details! thinking about a new hood and not sure which way to go!:beer:

miamijdm

Crazy SVT Racer
Established Member
DSC02387.jpg

ho fibertrends 1.5" cowl

WhiteLX50

Established Member
Hows the fit?
The fit was decent. I'm a stickler for the details and i wasn't all that happy with it out of the box. I had to loosen up the passenger side hood hinge and move it down so the passenger side was level with the fender. The gap is a little on the large side as well. The body shop did have to sand down the edge just above the headlights so it would line up with the bumper and look correct. It also hits the core support on the passenger side causing the paint on the underside to wear off. Its still a little high up front, but it's impossible to go any lower on that side. The driver side of the hood was perfect.

It also doesn't latch too well up front. We moved the hood latch up as far as it would go and it's still a PITA to get it to latch. I have to give it a quick hard push once I set it down for it to latch. I installed hood pins just to be safe though.

I'm thinking I got a hood that may have been removed from the mold too soon and separated a little on the passenger side. I just had the body shop take care of the issues since I didn't want to screw with having to send it back especially since I had it sitting in storage for 2 years before putting it on. It really isn't all that bad now. Everyone else I talk to about HO Fibertrends always says they fit great and didn't have to do any work to them. Maybe I just got a bad one. :shrug:

Last edited:

longrodLX

Established Member
I just bought the 1.5in cowl hood from design concepts and it is honestly the nicest quality hood I have seen for a mustang. I have owned many different hoods including cervinis and the design concepts is the nicest I have owned yet. Customer service was great, got here in 5 days, packaged great and the price is hard to beat. I payed $289+125 COD

Users who are viewing this thread