Fox Body guys what's this worth

viperakron

Established Member
Guy wants to trade a 1978 Granada 2dr, 302, 4spd with 78K miles for a boat I have. It's in nice shape. One repaint, no rust, original interior. Needs a few things fixed. Are these rare? I'd think with a 4spd might be a little more valuable? Says it's worth $5K, seems high? What do you guys think.

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
Depends on how you define rare. In numbers produced, no, not rare at all. In numbers still around and being driven, I personally cant remember the last time I encountered one on the road. Now we come to its having a 4 speed. I dont think I have ever heard of a Granada having a 4 speed. Not saying it wasnt an option, I dont know. Thinking about the market niche these cars were in, being considered somewhat a luxery car of a sort, I just dont see the 4 speed as an available option, but again I am just winging this and thinking logicly. I would make sure to run the numbers and make sure the 4 speed wasnt an owner installed thing and if so make sure it was done properly. Another thing to check on is if it has rear disc brakes. That was an option although its usually found on the Granada's Mercury counterpart the Versailles.

Originally the Granada would have come with a I-6 or the 302 2 barrel, single exhaust. Most would have had A/C, power steering, power brakes (disc fronts, drum rears, disc rears being a rare option).

The Snake

wheelhopper

Established Member
Sounds intrigueing. I would not pay $5K for it. It is a Grenada after all. That is like finding clean Gremlin or Pacer, with low miles, and calling it rare. It may be, but not a lot of people want it. Demand after all affects value. I would maybe do $3k just cause it is a little unique. For $5K I would look for a SVO Mustang or Thunderbird Supercoupe.

stangposse

Established Member
$5k is not a lot of money. Are you currently looking for a Granada/LTD project car, if so, then grab it. You'll be hard pressed to soon find another Granada that is road worthy.

Whats your boat worth?

viperakron

Established Member
You know my shit is always worth more lol. I'd take $4K for the boat outright so if I could flip this for that easily I'd consider the trade. But like the other poster said how do I prove it was built that way? And were there any Hi po versions with a 302 4bbl

snakeconvert98

Established Member
You know my shit is always worth more lol. I'd take $4K for the boat outright so if I could flip this for that easily I'd consider the trade. But like the other poster said how do I prove it was built that way? And were there any Hi po versions with a 302 4bbl

Get the Marti report on the car , if it says it was factory four speed then it is factory 4 speed will also tell if original 4bbl or 2bbl and how many we're produced , now I am very courious cause I had a local salvage yard owner tell me he had a 4spd granada waayyyy in the back and wanted to show it to me many years ago but I was in a hurry and planed to go back later to see it , well I never remembered to look when I went back and now he is gone and all the cars were crushed !!!!!!!

Last edited:

walt460

SN95 Judge
Established Member
I worked at Ford Powertrain at the time, and yes we did offer a 4-speed. It was the SROD which was basically the Ford 4-speed cast iron top-loader but with 3-speed gears and a 4th that was .79 (I think) overdrive. Third gear was 1:1

Granada did have a V8 and it was a 2-barrel only at that time.

Mustanganatic

FOG
Established Member
Wow Walt, I would have never guessed that the Granada had a four speed available, much less a floor shifter. Viper, the Granada would be today's Fusion. When this guy said rare, he probably meant you don't see any of them anymore. That alone speaks for itself. If you're thinking of flipping it, be prepared to wait for a cold day on the river Styx.

vfast

Established Member
what do you thing a granada is..is a mustang but uglier..lol great sleeper cars

Users who are viewing this thread