fox body exhaust on sn95?

llDemonll

Established Member
been looking around google and here bout couldnt find anything, was just wondering how much of the exhaust off a foxbody 5.0 would fit on the 94-95 cobras. they appear the same, but im not sure if there are minute differences or not (headers, midpipes, and catback)

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
Do you mean a stock fox body exhaust? or an aftermarket exhaust designed for a fox body? Either way I dont think it'll work. I believe the locations are a little different and our cars are a bit longer. I could be wrong but thats just speculation.

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
The tail pipes are definately different. You could probably use the flow tubes and the mufflers and have an exhaust shop fab up the tail pipes.

A cat back for a 94-97 is a direct fit. It does not matter if it is a GT, Cobra, 4.6, or a 5.0. All sn95 cat backs are the same, except for the odd ball 98 (it uses the same hangers as the 99-04s)

llDemonll

Established Member
Thanks, my cousin has a 93 cobra that just got exhaust replaced so imma go steal his stuff and see how it will fit in (how close) and ill try and update u guys by the end of the weekend if I get around to it or something

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
i think you have to extend the tail just a tick at the mufflers, but other than that it will bolt up. and the tail pipes will turn up with the bumper.. not come straight out. but if your taking off your factory catback, and putting a factory 93 catback on.... there wont be a diffrence, unless he had flows, etc. welded in

BlackMaybe_393

Established Member
I have 3" flowmaster tailpipes for a fox body on my 98 (i'm using a 351w). everything fits the same except for the hangers underneath the bumper will have to be fabricated. I would think that as long as your running a pushrod 5.0L-5.8L based engine you should be able to use a mid pipe from a foxbody as well but don't take my word for it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread