Fox Body Brake Vacuum Problem? Please Read!

Svt50Cobra

Crazy 93 Cobra Poster
Established Member
I have installed a Ford Motorsport Cobra upper and lower intake on my 93 5.0 vert, and after the install and checking for vacuum leaks I have no vacuum leaks, but the brake pedal is hard and feels as if there is no vacuum assist on it like it, it almost has a manual brake feel. It was fine with the factory HO intake but since the swap the brakes are hard and feel as if there is no assist with them at all. Just thought I would ask if anyone has had this problem before? Thanks

Last edited:

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
I would check again. Maybe one popped off while you were installing it. I have had this issue before.:beer:

BelvedereGTX

Banned
holy crap. i had this same problem with my trick flow top end install last year. mine will do that if i pump the brake more than once. i was gonna put a new brake booster on but i decided to leave it the way it was because it only started to do it right after the installs i did. i guarentee i have no leaks becuase i have reinstalled my intakes for other modifications several times since then. no leaks anywhere

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
check your routing of the vacuum lines. You may have one not plugged up correctly. Not from a vacuum leak standpoint, but from no vacuum at all

Svt50Cobra

Crazy 93 Cobra Poster
Established Member
For those that care I found my problem I had let the car set for a day with the intake off, with a couple vacuum hoses off and it was a enough time for a dirt dobber to build a nest in the hose going to the brake booster, cleaned it out and it works great know. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread