Fox body a-arms

torchanniv03

Established Member
Has anyone run a fox body a-arm on the 03/04 cobras? one of the guys at HPP recommended me doing it. it will keep the tire more inside the fenderwell.

if anyone has done it, can i see some pics...... i have the aje k-member and will be getting a-arms for christmas, but just not sure whcih one i will be getting.

torchanniv03

Established Member
When you run spacers, it sticks the tires out just barely...... The fox arms are just a little bit shorter, which should bring the tires in under the fender and look better....?? There is not much of a difference, but i think just enough. I saw the difference between both a arms and were talking about maybe 2 inches at the most. Thats why i was asking for pics if anyone had any.

Painter

Established Member
I have the MM K member with the "stock" length 03-04 arms std offset. The 275-9" (tire/wheel) sticks out too much for my tastes so I switched out to the fox arms. The stock length MM arms with their k move the wheels 1/4" out compared to stock. The fox arms move them in 3/4" . The 275-40-17 front tire will hit the inner fender under harder turning with these arms. So you have to either run a small spacer like 1/4 or so .....ooorrrrrr run a smaller tire like a 245-45-17. I opted for the smaller tire for less of the steamroller look in the front.

torchanniv03

Established Member
I have the MM K member with the "stock" length 03-04 arms std offset. The 275-9" (tire/wheel) sticks out too much for my tastes so I switched out to the fox arms. The stock length MM arms with their k move the wheels 1/4" out compared to stock. The fox arms move them in 3/4" . The 275-40-17 front tire will hit the inner fender under harder turning with these arms. So you have to either run a small spacer like 1/4 or so .....ooorrrrrr run a smaller tire like a 245-45-17. I opted for the smaller tire for less of the steamroller look in the front.

Man do you have some pics of it with a arms? That is some good info to keep in mind. The 245's prob would be just fine for me. I have 255's on there right now, cuz i fit 275's with h&r sports springs and those tires looked HUGE! I took them right back off........

I have another vehicle to drive, so the car will pretty much stay on bigs and littles. I have seen a lot of the cobras with the skinnies up front and was able to see some of the tread from the front of the car. I want to keep the tires in which is why i will prob go with the fox body arms.

Last edited:

Painter

Established Member
Man do you have some pics of it with a arms? That is some good info to keep in mind. The 245's prob would be just fine for me. I have 255's on there right now, cuz i fit 275's with h&r sports springs and those tires looked HUGE! I took them right back off........

I have another vehicle to drive, so the car will pretty much stay on bigs and littles. I have seen a lot of the cobras with the skinnies up front and was able to see some of the tread from the front of the car. I want to keep the tires in which is why i will prob go with the fox body arms.

Yah I have a few pics of the fox arms on the qa1 k member.....which is close to the same look as the mm k with fox arms. Whats your email? I am switching my rims/tires/brakes combo now so all I could show you on the current setup is the bolted up arms.......the qa1 shot is last years setup but it gives you the idea.

Ray

forcefedcobra

Established Member
upr actually sent me the fox a arms by mistake. it will for sure tuck the front wheels in but will in turn cause some major issues with turning radius due to clearance of the wheel to inner fender. Also you would have to cut your inner tie rods in order to get the toe set. they will bottom out inside the tie rod end link long before you get the wheels even close to being toed in.

Painter

Established Member
upr actually sent me the fox a arms by mistake. it will for sure tuck the front wheels in but will in turn cause some major issues with turning radius due to clearance of the wheel to inner fender. Also you would have to cut your inner tie rods in order to get the toe set. they will bottom out inside the tie rod end link long before you get the wheels even close to being toed in.

Major issues??? Did you ever install them on your car? A bump steer kit takes care of the tie rod ends and 245-45-17 tires takes care of the inner fender problem. Its -3/4" total. FYI they are on my car now without any issues.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Major issues??? Did you ever install them on your car? A bump steer kit takes care of the tie rod ends and 245-45-17 tires takes care of the inner fender problem. Its -3/4" total. FYI they are on my car now without any issues.

we tried to but realized they werent right and they sent me the correct ones. I have a bump steer kit on the car but even with that the inner tie rods ran out of room going into the outer tie rod ends. Threaded all the way in each tire was still "toed out" and needed about 3/4 to 1 inch cutt off the inner. I also have 18's on the car so I couldnt have done anything but put a spacer on to get clearance needed to turn the wheels much.

Users who are viewing this thread