Fourth Gear Noise

Sigus

Established Member
I posted this over in the Shelby GT500 and figured i would get it in here as it seems more appropriate.

As someone mentioned in the original thread it could be a sticker on the drive line causing the issue. I have inspected for that and no joy.

(Hi folks,

I have a 2013. That has about 1000 miles on it. I have been noticing a unusual noise from the transmission when in 4th gear and around 2600 to 3000 rpm. The noise is kind of like a card in bike spokes.

I am wondering if this is normal for this car.

Great forum by the way, have read learned a lot from you guys. Also have done a search on this subject and really haven't seen anything mentioned.)

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I was about to say that tag on the drive shaft...but I think you'd hear it more than 4th gear.

Might want to take a look anyways...I would only hear mine on the highway. Got under it and ripped it off.

Snoopy49

Established Member
DriveShaftLabelProblem2.gif

Sigus

Established Member
I really wish it was the tag. Car is up on ramps and there is no tag that would have been to easy.

Looks like its time for the dealer to take a look at it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Snoopy49

Established Member
It looks like Ford addressed the tag problem early in 2012. I haven't seen any mention of it since last year. I looked at my driveshaft when I bought the car and that tag wasn't even on it.
But it is always worth a look.

Users who are viewing this thread