24lbs boost
Gapped at .026

d277b5be.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Get rid of those iridiums they Suck. You need BR7EFs

Thats a bold statement, there are many owners that have had great success with tr6ix or tr7ix. I swapped out my tr6 for the tr6ix and my drivability is much better. Yes maybe on higher boosted engines there not as good, but to just plain out say they suck.:nonono:

Sagittaria

Established Member
Get rid of those iridiums they Suck. You need BR7EFs

Well seeing as how the iridium tip is still there but the non-iridium lateral electrode isn't (as in common to all other spark plugs)...

I'd say this was a fluke or, however a little more unlikely, the OP has some minor detonation issues.

I for one don't like changing plugs every oil change and dealing with stumbling at low rpms.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Thats a bold statement, there are many owners that have had great success with tr6ix or tr7ix. I swapped out my tr6 for the tr6ix and my drivability is much better. Yes maybe on higher boosted engines there not as good, but to just plain out say they suck.:nonono:

I'm sorry but they are horrible. I had them on my car and it broke up and ran like shit. I changed them out for BR7EFs and presto, ran a million times better. Also the OP is running 24lbs of boost, and the iridiums suck at high boost.

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
I'm sorry but they are horrible. I had them on my car and it broke up and ran like shit. I changed them out for BR7EFs and presto, ran a million times better. Also the OP is running 24lbs of boost, and the iridiums suck at high boost.

Im with this guy, those plugs suck. I had to swap them out and put TR6s and my car idles and drives like stock.

Slobanator

Established Member
Yea I got some the tr6 and thre it in there.. Dosint seem to be missing or anything out of the ordinary. So may have lucked out this time or the tip embedded itself in the piston already.

No more iridiums for me..

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

I stated in my first post that those may not be good on higher boost levels. I would run the BR7EF's if I was running 17+ psi of boost. Every car is different, some have great luck with the tr6's while others don't.

Users who are viewing this thread