Found my childhood coin collection and more (pics)

04MysticCobra

Established Member
That's pretty cool, Kevin, how you picked it back up. As a kid, I collected stamps from all over the world. I have no idea what ever happened to it. I joined the Navy and my parents got rid of a lot of my stuff. That's a nice, diverse collection.

I don't collect coins, but I did find an 1889 silver dollar a couple of years ago. Didn't buy it. It just showed up in some change. My one and only rare coin.

Very cool Bob. I was fortunate to be handed down a coin collection from my grandfather to my mother and now to my brother and myself. I have about 50 of those silver dollars from late 1800's until around 1922 when I believe they changed look. Also have dozens of quarters, half dollars, dimes and nickels from the last 125 years. I have no idea what the value of the collection is and don't care. If its not worth enough to buy me a new GT500 then not really interested. But they are certainly good conversation pieces.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
49455970386_8b18c62610_h.jpg

I picked up this Monticello bank $20 note last year in an antique shop for my wife (huge Thomas Jefferson fan). It's hard to gauge value, but from what I could tell online I got it for $45 less than what one sold for on Ebay in much, much rougher condition.

Either way I won't be selling it, I think it's really cool.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I am no coin collector per say but this is a small sampling of the collection of silver coins handed down by my grandfather. Have hundreds of silver coins like this. Did not put up any silver quarters but have many. Bottom row is foreign coins that I don't know.

DSC_0261.JPG

Intervention302

Established Member
I am no coin collector per say but this is a small sampling of the collection of silver coins handed down by my grandfather. Have hundreds of silver coins like this. Did not put up any silver quarters but have many. Bottom row is foreign coins that I don't know.

View attachment 1620910
I used a coin photography app from the app store...

Was able to identify any coin. Even these
a820ccce8da779d5faa5ce8fea070e09.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread