Found an oil oil catch can and having question about these CEL code

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
s-l500.jpg

I found an old oil catch can that I threw away after it dint fit well on my gt ( about 6 years ago ), I try make this work on my cobra . any one know size hose I need from PVC to TB..... also I need picture location you guy reroute the hose and mount the catch can at......

also I been having this check engine light, I have x pipe with high flow cat . I can get my car pass inspection no problem ( i know a guy ). should I just ignore these code ?

P1000
P0158
P0402
P0158
P0402

it show i have 5 code. i guess left and right cat and o2 sensor ?

Last edited:

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
The $69.99 hose is the hose u want. And then -10AN fittings all the way to your catch can.
06414965-D6E2-4122-8A83-05961831952A.png

speedoflife

Established Member
those look nice, but im on a budget
5/8” fuel hose is what I ended up using if I’m not mistaken. Let me check the hose and I’ll update this if it’s wrong. I used some air compressor hose but it wasn’t robust enough.

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
Oil separator 2.jpg

after looking around for good spot , mine will end up around the left side valve cover and coolant cross over. my question is, if I make 2 hose this long ( like in picture ), will engine push out enough pressure to push a drop of oil or what ever oil to the catch can ?

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
^Since you found that old picture off my site, you should have also noticed the comments that the location - with the long hoses - works very well.

Four Door SVT

Established Member
^Since you found that old picture off my site, you should have also noticed the comments that the location - with the long hoses - works very well.

That’s you, I must say thank you for all your time and talent for such a well done documentation.

Hope you earned you doctorate for writing this.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
That’s you, I must say thank you for all your time and talent for such a well done documentation.

Hope you earned you doctorate for writing this.

Not too much exciting, just an honorable mention and some credits in the latest version of IF,LF which was pretty cool in any case. All done for the love of the car and its history, plus to help squash all the bad info that is still out there after all these years!

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
i also take this chance and say thank you as well, I read about it years years before I bought my cobra.

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
089B94EC-9A07-416B-93F1-2212FB6E7E6D.jpeg
Quick update on occ . I went bought $20 worth of 5/8 hose . But I ran into a problem with hook it up to the pvc pipe . Look like the pvc pipe line is much bigger then the hose I bought .

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
27426800-BCC3-44B6-9584-8D1D21D82FEF.jpeg

Finally get around to go part store for the connector . Car ran great .

Users who are viewing this thread