Found a Mystic Vert for sale

281CJ

Established Member
link

I'd check it out myself but I don't like convertibles. Figured I'd post it incase anyone is looking.

HPLouis

Established Member
This car had 2 accidents, the second one was major and the car had to be towed, and they still want $26K for this car....with over 27,000 miles?

jrichber

browser
Established Member
Really doesnt seem that far off. Technically still a good title vehicle. Towed vehicle could have been blown tire, just never know. And not sure how over 27K miles seems like a lot... Overall its a high demand color/body combo that goes for good money.

281CJ

Established Member
This car had 2 accidents, the second one was major and the car had to be towed, and they still want $26K for this car....with over 27,000 miles?
My 2003 Mach1 with 36k on it went for 17 from my insurance company when it was totaled. This is less miles, rare color, and a higher end model. Title is clean so no reason the accidents should impact the price if the repair is a quality one. Seems a bit on the higher side, but not by much.

Last edited:

HPLouis

Established Member
I'm comparing it to my car where it was 2600 miles, all stock, down to the original, 2003 dated air filter, clean everything, from the first owner for $29K.

Someone looking at this car could get one like mine for $3K more. He's asking for too much. Especially since it had 2 accidents.

Black2010

Established Member
I think you would be hard pressed to get an all stock perfect condition car with 2600 miles for $29K now. if you got it recently then you got a good deal as I've seen several like that sell recently for over $30K.

This one feels like a $25K car to me. As long as the repairs were done right it's not going to impact the price that much.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
If you are willing to go 27K, I would just find a used S550 GT. A much better all around car for the money. Trust me.

HPLouis

Established Member
I think you would be hard pressed to get an all stock perfect condition car with 2600 miles for $29K now. if you got it recently then you got a good deal as I've seen several like that sell recently for over $30K.

This one feels like a $25K car to me. As long as the repairs were done right it's not going to impact the price that much.

I bought it in 9/2015 so about a year and a half ago. You're right, the prices have gone up recently. I guess it must be a spring/summer vs fall/winter cycle.

2Rare

Against All Odds
Established Member
I understand colors like MC, CO, and SB demand premium prices, however, I wouldn't pay anything near the asking price for that car. That accident report, even if it was only minor damage, will hurt the sale of the car. $25k can buy you a real clean 03/04 Cobra with under 20k miles if you're patient enough.

04RFVert

Established Member
Saw a bunch of his cars on autotrader last night. Wondered why he had so many cobras. Shame he's farther from me the I'd like to go.
He ships, his stuff is legit. Call him, he will send you all the videos and pics you want. He shipped mine. Probably the best car buying experience I have had.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I agree, the probem here is 10 years down the road the 2 cars will be going in totally different directions. Cobra would still be worth 25-30K if not more, and the GT would be worth 10ish.

It seems like as the GT's performance continues to get better and better, low mileage ones should hold their value somewhat, but it just doesn't seem to work that way. I assume this is because it's such a mass produced car. For it's performance level, it's likely the most mass produced car in the world by a large margin.

Users who are viewing this thread