Found a local GT500 on a showroom floor

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
Kinda local dealer has a 13' Shelby on the floor. Asking 5k over msrp. Walking in with a check to pay cash you guys think I can get msrp? Red with black stripe coupe will look great next to my black 03 :D
Very excited to go tomorrow. Going to play down my excitement though :banana:

farmboy90

Established Member
Good luck!! I hope it works out for you. That color combo was high up on my list. It looks great!!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good luck! I would lead them to believe you want to finance it though.. (the dealer will make more money this way...then after you get settled on MSRP, then I would bust out the check!

SVT_ DRiX

Established Member
Kinda local dealer has a 13' Shelby on the floor. Asking 5k over msrp. Walking in with a check to pay cash you guys think I can get msrp? Red with black stripe coupe will look great next to my black 03 :D

If you're going to go in a pay cash for a car like that, I would hope they would bump that "market adjustment" off, but its hard to say since it is what it is. Where I work, the dealer mark up is 25k!

peteypab2133

Established Member
If you're going to go in a pay cash for a car like that, I would hope they would bump that "market adjustment" off, but its hard to say since it is what it is. Where I work, the dealer mark up is 25k!

Cash is not desired. Kick backs from finance companies now are how dealers make the money

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
It's not like the old days where cash is king. They want you to finance.

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
My plan is to say I don't care what the interest is I just want msrp. When they bring the price down and we agree ill bust out my cashiers check and pay the tax etc with my debit card or personal check :)

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Sound plan, may piss them off, so heh do your service somewhere else ! LOL I kid, but hey, all they can say is no.

In this economy people are not going to turn down a buy for 5k, because they will try to hit you on the back end.

Best of luck. Let us know how it turns out.

03 VENOM

Established Member

I thought about looking at the one you're talking about but it doesn't have Recaro's. Recaro's are maybe the only option I want.

sftdyna

Established Member
maybe you should tell them production is ending in january and the 2014 gt500 will be out in feb so there car is almost a leftover.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
maybe you should tell them production is ending in january and the 2014 gt500 will be out in feb so there car is almost a leftover.

It's not a leftover til the new ones are on lots... Which is 7 mos away.

Also- 2013 production is on til 2/28.

Not a great tactic.

86merc

Established Member
I say the original poster is a tire kicker. Anyone want to take bets?

Derek, I want the salesman's name if you say they will not deal on it. Because I will assume it is you making excuses. lmao!

5.0 guy

Established Member
Everyone's is right by saying cash is not king anymore, good luck on it and feel free to kick the tires first as they are made of rubber anyways!

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
I say the original poster is a tire kicker. Anyone want to take bets?

Derek, I want the salesman's name if you say they will not deal on it. Because I will assume it is you making excuses. lmao!

Kevin is the manager I spoke with. They claim to have someone from out of state coming to see the car today for asking price. We'll see if they call.
Also found a dealer to do MSRP or a little better on a 14 when orders open so I can get exactly what I want. Probably go that route but wanted the 20th Anniversary.

03 VENOM

Established Member
Also found a dealer to do MSRP or a little better on a 14 when orders open so I can get exactly what I want. Probably go that route but wanted the 20th Anniversary.

AP Ford ?

They only had one 13 GT500 come in so far. And they ordered 2. I don't know what happened to the second one.

Users who are viewing this thread